Factory restore

Factory restore

I have a Toshiba satellite l355-s7907 and i need to reset it to factory default, i don't have the boot disk anymore, i was wondering if i could get a step by step on how to do the restore, i would greatly appreciate it thank you very much

Frequent Advisor

Re: Factory restore

Try going to "Start - All programs - Toshiba - Recovery - Recovery Disk Creator" to create a new set of Recovery Disks.   Once you do this boot to the first one, then select Recovery Wizard, then Restore to Out Of Box State. 

If you can't create new disks, try holding down the 0 (zero) key when you power on the system, select Recovery Wizard, then Restore To Out Of Box State.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Hi! I was just given this old Toshiba L355-S7907 ... It still works! But I thought maybe I should start with the original software, in case it is missing too many drivers if I do a fresh Windows installation.

The original OS is gone, so there are no "Toshiba" choices in the Start menu. When I hold down the zero key while booting, it just makes a loud, steady tone until I release the key. Then it goes to the existing bootup sequence. There IS a 1+ gigabyte recovery partition at the beginning of the hard drive. Any way to access it? Thanks.

Try F12 at startup also and see if there are startup options. If not then the only other thing I can think of is to order recovery media if it is still available using the serial number of your PC at this link click here

Thanks for your time and attention. Yes, I did look for options under the Boot Menu after F12, but it wasn't there. So strange. I mis-spoke--the Recovery Partition (which is labelled as such) is about 13TB and is at the END of the hard drive. But no way to access it! Anyway, best of luck, and thanks again.