Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Depot status repair

Hi

I had trouble with my toshiba laptop and send it to the depot for repairs and its almost been a month and I have received no information regarding my laptop. I have called customer service twice. I called once and was told that they do not do repairs on the weekends and was told to call back on monday. I called today and was told that it was on hold for parts and then I was transferred to the toshiba depot and was on hold for more than half an hour unfortunately I had to hang up since I was calling from my cell phone.

I did sign up for updates on my laptop to know how the repair are going and so far nothing.

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for the Toshiba depot to do repairs or if they know of  another number to call for more info?

thanks

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Depot status repair

there have been users reporting that it is taking up to 3 months to get their laptops back. calling the depot doesnt do any good they will just tell you exactly what you can find out by looking up your repair status on their website.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
sanmacks

That is no recent update. I want my warranty extended if they have it much long. This is not very good customer service at all!! I would never purchase anything else with the Toshiba brand due to this treatment. Nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Occasional Advisor
archie_civil

just a friendly reminder, this is a User-Help User forum, you cannot ask anyone here to extend your warranty for the lenght of time its been through repairs, you might want to contact Toshiba though..

Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Thanks Everyone for your help. Well I decided to call again today. They told me the exact same thing that the laptop is still on hold and they told me that it should not take more than a month to make the repairs. They were going to transfer me to the depot but I asked to be transferred to A Case Manager. The case manager told me that it might take months to repair.... Well at least she was honest....  apparently the parts were ordered the 19th of Feb. and are yet to arrive since they ship them out from china. She also told me that they did not know if the parts were even in stock in China... so that could take months. She did tell me to call back on the 19th or the 20th of this month if my laptop has not arrived by then so that they could give me other alternatives which she didn't say what they were but we will see. The biggest problem of all of this is that I still don't know what is wrong with my laptop because not even the case manager could find out T^T .I will try to keep you all posted to see how things go but seriously Toshiba needs better service.

Occasional Advisor
archie_civil

sorry to hear that, thanks!

:smileyvery-happy:

Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Hi everyone well it seems at last that there is progress. I went online to check the status of my laptop and was shocked to see "Off Hold - Parts | SO#: T1-OICRQL | "SENT TO TECH ROOM" hopefully this means I will get my laptop back.... soon. I guess they didn't like the fact that I asked for my warranty to be extended if it took much longer:smileyvery-happy:  well I will continue to post to keep you all updated.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

if it was like mine once they took it off hold it was sent out the next morning. hopefully that is the case so you can get it back soon.

-civicman4-
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

[ Edited ]

I do hope that's the case because I do miss my laptop T^T but if thats not the case I will wait the one week and if not they will be receiving another angry call from me. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

keep us updated

-civicman4-
Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

I will keep updating :smileyhappy:

I do find it funny how now all of the parts have suddenly magically arrived so that they can repair my laptop.

Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Hi everyone well I am glad to say that yesterday the depot finally worked on my laptop and they finished yesterday. I checked the status and finally found out what repairs needed to be done apparently the system board needed to be replaced.

Here is the quick update :

Off Hold - Parts | SO#: T1- | "SENT TO TECH ROOM"03/10/2010 01:00:00
Unit Repaired Waiting Shipment | SO#: T1- | "REPLACED SYSTEM BOARD FOR NO POWER"03/10/2010 21:02:00
Outbound Shipped | SO#: T1- | S L W R4 |  |            03/10/2010 23:36:00

Also I already have the tracking number they haven't send it yet but ups does have the billing info.

Funny how they worked on the laptop so fast  after one angry call, telling them to extend my warranty if it takes any longer, and telling them that I need my laptop now. lol they did tell me if it took another week they would give me other alternatives I wonder what those would of been maybe a new laptop?:smileyvery-happy:

I will update once it arrives to let you all know if it arrived in the same condition I send it to them. The laptop was fairly new only two months old it was still a baby T^T.

slopoke

i need to check on the status on my laptop,i called an i was on hold way to long,i talked to your cs dept an they said i should of got a call from you or i need to call. if you could  would contack me at 434-941-0675 or email me.please

Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Call again and tell them you would like to talk to some one else. Tell them you want to talk to a case manager that seemed to work for me maybe they can give you info about your laptop or make the repairs go quicker. If you have your case number or your authorization code you can look up the status of your laptop under repair or at http://www.depotstatus.toshiba.com/ 

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

glad to hear they are finally sending it back

-civicman4-
Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Hi everyone great news my laptop has just arrived from the depot. The laptop arrived in the same condition as I send it with the exact same programs on it. I even checked the serial number to make sure it was mine LoL.

I do hope these post will actually help someone in the same situation as I was. Thanks again everyone for all your help! :smileyhappy:

ifrichard

How long is the average depot turnaround?  They have had my Tecra A9 since May 20.  In January, they had a colleagues Tecra A9 for almost 3 months.

What has been the experience of others?

After I get it back, is it worthwhile to pursue getting the warranty extended by the months out of service?

Regards, Richard

Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Really three months! That's too long!

Try calling them every two to three days and complain to them! Your laptop should have been fixed by now!

Tell them that you would like your warranty extended since they are taking a very long time to fix your computer!

The depot is messed up honestly, I sent my computer in about 4 times. Every time I would send it in it came back just as bad. Just try calling and asking for your warranty to be extended. Also ask them how long repairs will take and that you need your laptop back for work or school!

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

3 months is too long to wait for it to get fixed but that is how long it is taking quite a few users. as for your warranty, toshiba has not extended anyone's warranty for the time at the depot. i doubt it will be worth even trying to get them to extend it.

-civicman4-
Occasional Contributor
linkinpark5a

Just keep pestering them that's what I did LOL

I even went as far as writing them a letter! I did receive a response and I actually told them that I was tired of this! I wasn't playing a game of send in the laptop every two weeks and receive it within a month or more!

I actually told one of the representatives that I wanted a refund and his response was that they could not do refunds. Then I told the representative that I want a new one and I was told that they couldn't do that and that all they could do was repair it!

I said fine but that this time I wanted a different technician to fix my darn laptop and that I wanted them to extend my warranty. They only extended my warranty for one month more but that's better than nothing!

They did get a new technician to fix my laptop and so far its been working properly! Just try because you may never know! If I hadn't complained my laptop would have still been coming in and out the depot so just try!