Member_129156

Cursor stopsworking

I have a Toshiba laptop, Satellite L655-S5150.
As I am typing the cursor will stop and I have to click the screen to make it active. In the middle of a sentence the text stops appearing and I have to click it again.
I am running Windows 7.
An additional item is that as I am watching a video in full screen mode, it will suddenly change back and I have to click back to go to full screen. Running Windows Media Player.

I have not made any changes to software recently.

I also ran my virus scan, and malwarebytes scan and it was clean.

Member_129156

Re: Cursor stops working

A couple more things to add to my list.

Recently at start-up it goes into disk check. When I let it run it stops at 48%.

I have been clicking at start-up to stop it, but it's really annoying.

Another thing I noticed with the cursor is when I am scrolling, the page stops moving. Then I click on the page to scroll some more.

While I was typing this, it stopped several times and I had to go back and type it again

Frequent Advisor
Dokie

Hi ! Make a system repair disc.  This will take you into the recovery mode. Boot with it and try the 6 options offered. If That doesn't solve your problem, restore back to factory settings.

Dokie!!

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-a-system-repair-disc-to-restore-windows.html

PS There is a reason your PC Is doing a chkdsk. Why are you stopping it from completing?

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.
Regular Advisor
bmurray

I'd suggest backing up your personal data asap, then going into safe mode and doing a chkdsk /r at a command prompt (as admin) and let it go all the way through.  Give it a few hours.  If it hangs, post back.

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit