oldsragtop

Cursor jumps around

I have been using my Satellite 650D for about four months.  When typing, the cursor jumps around, often making me type a few words in the middle of words I have already typed.  In email messages, sometimes the email is sent while I am still typing.  In my word program, I have had two pages of typing just vanish.  I now have to save my work after each paragraph.  IYogi says I do not have a virus.  Surely this cannot be normal.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Cursor jumps around

That can usually be prevented by disabling tapping for the touchpad.

Mouse pointer jumps around as you type

Always tell which Satellite 650D you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
Nell

Hi. I have been having this issue too. IT IS NOT to do with touching the touch pad. regardless, I have tried to disable it but My FN button doesn't work on my toshiba satellite pro (gives a message saying so). I see lots of others have had the same issues on other brands too so is not my lack of ability to type correctly! I am a touch typist and do not rest my wrists on the keyboard nor can I accidentally send emails by resting on the touchpad. what can I do?
Occasional Contributor
vgreen

Hi,

Believe me, I'm no expert, but I had this problem too and solved it by disabling the touch pad. 

Best of luck.

vg

Nell

thanks VG

trouble is I can't seem to find anything that relates to my touchpad in order to disable it! My fn button is disabled and can't be enabled on this machine apparently. Need toshiba to help me with this. is a toshiba satellite pro. just typing these few lines have driven me crazy!!

Nell

HI Jerry, still struggling with this cursor jumping around. am unable to even disable touchpad as it appears the touchpad isn't even recognised within this computer. I can only access reference to external mouse.

I have a toshiba satellite pro L500

Please help, I am going insane.