HellyS90
Accepted Solution

Computer won't boot up. Black screen only.

Last week I got a Toshiba Satellite L755D - 128 for my birthday. Now when I try to boot it up I get the message:

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Launch startup repair

Start windows normally"

No matter what option I choose I end up with a black screen with my cursor. I have also tried pressing F8 and booting up the computer in safe mode or choosing the option "repair computer", however, I end up with the same result. I have no idea what the problem could be. I was using the computer last night and it was working fine and shut down properly, as far as I'm aware. It is a new computer so I have barely done anything to it or changed any settings.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

HellyS90

Re: Computer won't boot up. Black screen only.

In the end had to return the laptop to PC world. They didn't know what was wrong with it but as it was only a week old they exchanged it for a new one.

jimfurly

i have just bought a laptop satellite a665 -06f  that wont boot up. what can i do to fix this? power comes on then black screen? what to do?

tohlep

im having the sam problem when i load up my laptop (satellite l875 s7332) it only loads the logo then goes black. The ac is working perfectly. what should i try