Suah

Check System. Then press [F1] key

I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 Laptop. When I turn it on it says "Check System. Then Press [F1] key." I press F1. It takes me to enter date and time. I enter date and time. Then it says Press F1 to enter setup. F2 to load default. I press F1. Laptop shuts down. I turn on laptop. It says press F12 to select boot device selection menu. I press F12 nothing happens. Laptop does not respond. Does not take any keyboard input at the point.

I shut down the laptop. Dismantle it. take out CMOS battery. Connect CMOS battery. Turn on laptop. It says again "check system. then press [F1] key. And the cycle continues. I checked the cmos battery with a voltmeter. It reads 3volt.

I simply can not enter bios. I have stripped everything off. Just the motherboard, CPU, RAM and the keyboard and display.

I start the motherboard and the problem continues.

If anybody has a solution of this problem please let me know.

Regards

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Check System. Then press [F1] key

Try to find the CMOS battery on the motherboard.  If you can find it and it's replacable remove it to see if it is at full voltage.  If not, replace it.  Not 100% certain that this will fix the problem, but that is one of the main causes for that type of behaviour.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.