Hankliny

Charging port broken, please help.

I have Toshiba A505 6030, and its DC jack is broken. What should I do? Does Toshiba warranty cover that? I purchased this laptop for about 6 months. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

kenski

Re: Charging port broken, please help.

What is broken on it? I have a 2 year old Toshiba and it went out on me at about 8 months. I was deployed in the military and couldn't get the computer back to them so I troubleshot it myself. the actual charge adapter was bad and from what I could figure out it has to do with the STRAIGHT design and the way I hold the laptop on my lap. It really needed to be a 90 degree connector in my opinion and this is why I bought an aftermarket with a 90 degree connector.

About a year later, the actual PORT it self broke free from the chassis of the laptop. At this point I opened up the laptop took some wire and a new connector and soldered in a connector.

All that said, I did buy another Toshiba still. There are only TWO laptops I would buy, Dell and Toshiba...

Hankliny

Did you call Toshiba at all? I was wondering if the warranty covers it so they can fix it for me. I am not that familiar with laptop, so I am afraid that I won't be able to put it back together after I open the laptop up. I fell asleep when I was watching videos, and then the laptop fell off my bed. When I woke up, I couldn't get it charged. So I looked inside the charging port and found a crack. So mad that I fell asleep...

crystalice

Mine has been loose since the end of April 2012. It has been in the shop 4 times. Got it back Monday still not fixed. Got call from Patricia at CS telling me they could find nothing wrong. After sending the proper paper work and using bright pink sticky paper pointing to the problem. Patricia gets back on the line with me and tells me that the tech will order part and it will be fixed. I sent power cord with it they fixed AC cord, battery replaced. Nothing wrong with any of this. I got a little nasty note telling me my issue is the AC adapter. Know they give me another number to call and they give me the same run around. I ask for sup, not some Toshiba escalations rep. We can not do that the sup is for the employee only not for customer issues. It is still under warranty until October 2012. Its states on Toshiba site that the problem will get worse and it will break and I will not have any way to charge my computer.

Toshiba satellite c655

What am I to do.

forumsab

Support rep not sure if they will fix the issue under warrantly as this can be classified as "physical damage" (not covered under warranty).

Asked me to call another number to verify if this will be covered- nobody responds - seems like a non-working Toshiba number for "out of warranty" service !

Very poor service. I wouldn't buy another Toshiba with this kind of support!