geochaben
Accepted Solution

Can't remove WildTangent Games

I have a Toshiba P755-S5392 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I am trying to remove the pre-installed WildTangent Games entirely. Using the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel seems to have removed some of it, but most of the games are still there. I have not deleted any directories. When I try to remove the remaining games in Control Panel, I get a C++ error message that a bad request is being made, and Windows' reliability and problem history records "WildTangent Uninstaller Stopped Working" 20 times (I also tried removing WildTangent in Safe Mode) and then shows that my reliability score dropped from a 10 to 2.

I really, really want this off my computer. Is there a way to do this easily? I went to Wildgames.com's forum for answers and could find nothing helpful. My fingers are itching to go into the Window Registry and start deleting everyting with WildTangent's name but I would rather do this without that extreme step.

Help!

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Can't remove WildTangent Games

[ Edited ]

Satellite P755-S5392 Specifications

Satellite P755-S5392 Downloads

Start your computer in Safe Mode, then try to uninstall whatever you want from there.

Please lest us know if this helps. Good luck.

Mike

geochaben

I just remembered that I had uninstalled the WildTangent games and then later did a system restore. Now the games are listed and I can't uninstall them again. Is there a way to reinstall the games without reinstalling Windows so that I can then remove the games?

I already tried Safe Mode, didn't work.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

You cannot reinstall the WildTangent games alone, because they were part of the pre-installed package of third-party software you received with your unit.

The only way I think you can reinstall them is to do a complete Toshiba Recovery, to return your unit to its factory default out-of-the-box setup. The instructions about the Recovery utility begins on page 62 of your User's Guide. As well, if you have not already done so, you should make a set of Toshiba Recovery disks/media, as directed on page 74 of your guide.

Mike

hypercircle

FOUND A SOLUTION:  It's not super complex, but it's tricky - they don't allow you to delete them because you are $$ to them.  They are essentially corporate malware.  Remember these Wildtangent games are designed to get you to pay money or keep you hooked while they put ads in your face.  

FIRST:

go to control panel / uninstall a program / find wildtangent games - uninstall (select all games)

SECOND

Go to your C drive and search for GAMES

you will find TOSHIBA GAMES - click on the folder and delete the entire folder (this removes the links on the game folder)

IF you also want to get rid of the MICROSOFT GAMES,

FIRST:

go to control panel /uninstall a program / on the left side select - turn windows features on or off / turn games off. 

Viola - no more stupid games in your computer -