Emile
Accepted Solution

Can't boot up or repair - goes to black screen with white cursor

Hello. I am having a similar problem, too. I have an L555D-S7005 running Win7 x64. I've had it 2years and in the past few months having trouble with booting up. I've created a system image and have always been able to recover - had to once a week - until now. I've tried repair disk, F8-repair, heck I've even tried to re-install Win7 (retail Home premium) but only get to a black screen with a white cursor (which I can move). I've tried resetting my BIOS by removing battery an unplugging a/c and holding power button for 30 secs and still only get this black screen with white cursor. I can enter my BIOS but only can get to black screen. Very frustrated - Ive never NOT been able to fix before now. Please help.

joegeneric

Re: Can't boot up or repair - goes to black screen with white cursor

I have the same problem on my L505D.  It won't boot up normally, in repair mode, or in safe mode.  It won't boot from a USB boot volume, or a CD-ROM.  It will advance to where a windows logo should be appearing, then stop booting.

Before this happened, the computer was getting slower and slower to respond to any commands.

Any help? 

MrSonicHog

I am having the same issue with my Satelilite L445D-S5976 I was only trying to clear se space on it by deleting some useless files like old music pictures and final fantasy 11 and 14 then I shut it down it it never wanted to boot up any more And yes I had to remove firefox because it my my laptop run slower before this happened
laptopdog62

Greeting!

I have a similar model "L455-S5008".  Motherboard # "K000093580".

I have a post about it on the video section. Please look at the pic I uploaded & tell me what it is.

My client's system does the same thing except it has no cursor just a black screen & all power to the laptop board. Along with  dvd/rw, wireless,HDD & power indicators illuminated. It just powers on & off own its own with no response when I press the esc or F10 buttons like some models do & cause it to stay running. This is a pic of the small chip.

Emile

I called Toshiba Tech service and was informed this is a hard drive failure. Went to

Best Buy and bought a new drive ... must be SATA for $65.00 and I replaced it (very simple). Had to

re-install Win7, but laptop id running fine again!

Tina1986

Someone belp please the toshiba recomended to update bios i updated it then restar after restart it is black screen without coursor and i can't go anywhere for removing update but fN works when the laptop is turn on and even toshiba logon i cannot see
Frequent Advisor
Dokie

[ Edited ]

Hi Tina! Please start a new message! When you start your new message please post your compete model number. It can be found on the bottom of your lad top. This message has been sloved and nothing to do with your problem.

Dokie!!

I Love my Satellite L775D-S7222 Laptop. Some days you're the windshield, Some days you're the bug. The Computer world is crazy. If you have answers to computer problems, pass them forward.