sabinkat

CD stuck inside the laptop

I have inserted a cd into my laptop but didn't place in in the tray correctly and the cd somehow fell inside and got stuck literally inside the laptop. I can open the drive and play other cds and my laptop works fine but that cd is still inside.. It doesn't rattle and I can't shake it out. What can I do??

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: CD stuck inside the laptop

let us know which model your laptop is and we can probably give you instructions on removing the dvd drive to get the cd

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Occasional Contributor
pr4nq

if you have a slot feed cdrom drive you shouldnt try to get it out yourself as you might further damage your on accident. if you have a tray model that pops out then if you follow the center of the cdrom drive in toward the base (bottom plastic) of the computer you will likely see a screw. you will only need to remove that one screw on almost all cases and then you can take your fingernail and literally slide the cdrom drive out or eject your cdrom drive and gently slide it out of the base housing that the cdrom sits in. make sure your computer is off and unplugged. if you feel uncomfortable and your notebook is under warranty im sure you could send it in someone else might be able to help you more if thats the route you take. 

cblevins

[ Edited ]

Part No:smileytongue:SBZ1U-04P01Q

Serial No:XXXXXXXXX

Toshiba:G66C0002GC10

Product key:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Satellite:smileytongue:775D

please help me

[Moderator edit to remove serial and key.]

hughb

My Toshiba is a satellite p775-s7160. It has a tray for discs, but I don't see the single screw that you are talking about.

I did the same thing as the OP, put in a disk without securing it on the rotator, and now it's inside the laptop. The tray ejects fine, but no disc. I can't even see the disc when I shine a flashlight in it, but it's difficult to see anything because I can't completely remove the tray. It plays other discs just fine, but I still want to remove the stuck one.

gardenswhisper

The exact same thing happened to me. Laptop A505. Anyone know how to get the CD out of there?

maria1111

This has happened me with a Toshiba laptop bought 3 weeks ago - the cd has stayed within the laptop even though the tray ejects.  I have never heard of such an issue happening with other brands. 

hnorth93

my laptop is an acer and i can't find anything on this situation by them but im having the same problem and i can't get it out...i need to get it out because it's a rental...i didnt put the disc in properly && when i closed it it just fell inside my computer and the tray comes out perfectly and my computer seems to be running just finee...PLEASE HELPP!!!!

Oreo1

I have the same problem  I have a Toshiba Satellite S75-A7334

How do I get the drive out so I can get the disk out?

How weird.....

Regular Advisor
michaeldiaz86

On front of the disc tray there is a tiny hole. You can use a paper clip or pin to eject the tray. Its going to feel like your pushing something inside. And that will open the tray

*********Click on Kudos if it helped you. Thanks! ***********
Oreo1

It's not like that.  I failed to put the disk completely on the wheel with the teeth so it wasn't laying down flat in the drive.  Its stuck above the drive in a space under the keyboard.  I know, dumb thing to do but I did it.

Oreo1

YAY!  I got it out.  I wrapped a single layer of duct tape to a thin kitchen knife and was able to grip the cd enough to pull it out so I could get my fingers on it.  Optical drive seems to be working fine and my laptop isn't smoking or anything like that.

Regular Advisor
bmurray

congrats!

L305-S5955, T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit