Burge98

CD "lost" inside computer

I was ripping CDs onto my laptop, I put a disc in and shut the door. I guess it wasn't locked into place - the Windows Media Player software kept giving me an error message that there was no disc in the drive. I opened up the door and my CD has done the disappearing CD trick! I can't SEE it when I open the door, and I am able to use the drive still, to rip CDs (only NOW, I make sure they're pressed down FIRMLY into place!!).

If I tilt the laptop on its side (thinking it would fall out), I can hear it knocking around in there but it will not come out. Is there any way to get the CD out?

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: CD "lost" inside computer

Go to http://www.irisvista.com/tech/ and find the closest model to yours and follow the guide to take it apart to retrieve the disk.  If you don't get it out it will more than likely damage one or more of the circuits on the inside of  the laptop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.