iblametv

Boot Manager error message on Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop

Well, I will start with what happened to it, though I don't really know. I was on the internet and it started freezing up horribly, then I didn't know what to do so I walked into the room of the house that doesn't get wireless, and gradually it unfroze. Then I went back to the other room got on again, then it just froze again, only this time walking into the next room didn't work, so I pressed the power button and shut it down. Then when I turned it back on I chose "Start Windows Normally"  and I entered my password at the login screen, then it was on the screen that says "Welcome" and has the blue loading bar next to it, but I waited for at least 10 minutes and it still hadn't loaded. So, I try safe mode and all I get is a black screen with a mouse cursor, in all safe modes. Well, I decide to go to setup by pressing F2 at the Toshiba screen when you first turn it on. So, I did that and I restored the default settings, then exiting saving the settings, and then I turned it on, expecting it to work or at least have the Welcome thing. It went through the Toshiba screen, then it had a black screen for while , then I got an error message:

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to recieve this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

So then what I did was I plugged in the charger, the mouse ( like on a desktop computer, only I stick this in my laptops usb thing) , my ipod, I put in the last cd I had in the disk drive, and I connected my computer to the modem from the other computer that I sometimes get on.  It didn't do anything, it still gave me that message.

I would appreciate some help. I just got this computer in December 2009 for Christmas, and I have taken good care of it as far as I can tell. I really can't afford to replace anything right now, but if I have to I will find a way. What makes it worse is that I just got a new video game sent from my grandmother for my birthday....

Thank you for your help/thoughts/crap

Occasional Advisor
pacman

Re: Boot Manager error message on Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop

it looks like a corrupted windows 7 OS or hdd issue , but you might try this one

Remove all usb devices and make sure that only ac adapter is plugged in your computer.

Turn on your computer and start tapping on F8. You should see windows advanced option when you do this.

Select on Safe Mode then Enter. If you can boot to safe mode you can try doing a system restore.

OR

On windows advance option. Select Repair my computer

Just follow the prompt and select system restore.

OR

On windows advance option. Select Repair my computer

Just follow the prompt and Windows Startup Repair

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

iblametv

When I press F8 it doesn't do anything, it has the same black screen and then gives me the same error message. I really don't know what to do.

Occasional Contributor
RamyZaitoun

if you have arecovery disk put it and open laptop and press c until it open and choice system recovery and chose the first option and if their is aproblem it will be resolve i hope it work

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What happens when you turn on the computer and then immediately press and hold the F8 key?

Which computer?

-Jerry