kenzy7211

Black bar on side of laptop screen

There's a black bar on the right side of my computer that ends the screen. It also pushes a little of the screen at the bottom out of view, so I have to raise my desktop toolbar to see it. I've checked for malware and viruses. I've also updated my driver to the latest one from the Toshiba laptop downloads.

Model: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5107

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40ghZ 2.40 ghZ

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Display adapter: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Starting it in safe mode does not help. Changing the screen resolution does change not change the sizeof the black bar. Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? Thanks for the help.

Regular Advisor
GordOfTheJungle

Re: Black bar on side of laptop screen

Hook up an external monitor to the computer and see if you get the same screen. If the screen is the same on both the LCD screen and the external monitor, it's the computer. If the screen looks different on the external monitor, it's the LCD screen or the LCD cable and needing to get it repaired. If it looks the same on the external monitor and the LCD screen, you could be looking at a settings or configuration error. Go into the Bios and see if the screens still look strange. If that's a yes, it's your hardware, if not it's your operating system.