quinnsellars
Accepted Solution

Bios v2.30 update for toshiba laptop satellite

Forgive me if this should not be posted here or any other rule I may have broken! I have the abovementioned "update". in the directions for my assumption that I should actually complete this update it says I have to go to "boot mode". I d k exactly how to do that. I have never used this puter before regularly but I have to now. I assume that this is a critical update as it comes up every time I turn it on. If someone could point me in the right direction , or give me some directions ,as to how I may be able to accomplish this I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Bios v2.30 update for toshiba laptop satellite

We need your full model name/number like Satellite A505-S6025. Also, if yours is not a USA model we need your model's part number like PSAT9U-00F004. Look on the Toshiba label on the bottom of your computer. We do NOT need your serial number.

Mike

quinnsellars

thank you for replying to me. my model is a:L745-54210.

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Perhaps you mean the Satellite L745-S4210?

Satellite L745-S4210 Specifications

Satellite L745-S4210 Downloads

This information sheet will explain the different things each update fixes. Because of the possible corruption issue, v2.30 would appear to be fairly important.

First, download this BIOS update to your desktop:

ACPI Flash BIOS V2.30 for Satellite (Pro) L740/L745

Ensure you do NOT have a BIOS or Startup password enabled in the BIOS. Unplug all peripherals from your computer, unplug/disconnect from the Internet, do a restart, after a fresh restart close all open programs, close everything possible in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen, then double click on the BIOS update file, follow these directions:

• The BIOS update will force the computer to shut down or restart.
  • Power on the computer if it is off.
  • While the "Toshiba" LOGO is displayed, press the F2 function key to start BIOS Setup.
  • Check the version of BIOS and press the F9 function key then Enter to load setup defaults.
  • Press the F10 function key then Enter to save settings and exit. The computer will automatically reboot.

Good luck.

Mike

quinnsellars

Mike,

Thank you for your help and information regarding the update. Sorry about the numerical typo but yes, my computer is that version. it seemed to go well and it has updated . the message about the update is gone.

Much appreciated,

quinn

Super Advisor
miker643

Hi Quinn

Happy to help, just glad it all worked out for you.

Thanks for letting us know. We really appreciate the feedback.

Mike

andresCR

hola mi nombre es Andres, vivo en Costa Rica y tengo una laptop satellite modelo L745-SP4141CL

tengo el mismo problema con la actualizacion del Bios, y por alguna desconocida razon no lo puedo hacer

los hechos

mi computadora me invia un mensage de que debo actualizar el Bios, pero cuando trato de hacerlo me aparece un problema lo adjunto en la imagen de pantalla (ima 1), debajo de esta pantalla, (ima 2) hay un link a una pagina donde me dice que puedo ver los cambios e historial del Bios, por lo tanto decido darle click y me envia a esta pagina (ima 3), en la pagina veo un link donde lo puedo descargar directamente, asi que descargo esto y realizo los pasos que le dices al otro tipo de arriba y me aparece esta pantalla (ima 4). asi que por favor ayudeme con esto

gracias

my english is not very well so i try to translate this in case you dont understand spanish.

i try my best (lol)

hi my name is Andres I live in Costa Rica and i have a satellite laptop, wich model is L745-SP4141CL

i have the same problem with the bios update, for a dont know reason, i cant do it by my self

the facts.

my computer sendme a message that i have to update de Bios, but when a try to do it there is a problem i attach a screen picture of this (ima 1). well below the window,(ima 2) there is a link to the website where i can see the complete BIOS change history, so i click on it and it sendme to this page (ima 3), in this page there is a link to directly dowload the update, so i download this and i make all the things you said up there to the other guy and this screen appers (ima 4). so please helpme with this 

thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Download this file to a separate folder on yours, or another computer. This is actually a self extracting, self installing zip file. Use jZip, or any other zip extraction software to extract the zipped files into the folder you've created.  Read the file called  isocdrom.txt  which will give you the basic instructions on how to create a bootable BIOS update CD. But, essentially you need to use Free ISO Burner, or any other ISO disk burning software, and burn the file  sk0yv230.iso  to disk.

ACPI Flash BIOS V2.30 for Satellite (Pro) L740/L745

Ensure you do NOT have a BIOS or Startup password enabled in the BIOS. Unplug all peripherals from your computer, unplug/disconnect from the Internet. Then put the disk in your DVD/CD drive, reboot your system, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F12 to enter the boot sequence menu and boot off the DVD/CD drive. Backup your old BIOS, update your BIOS, the system will want to shutdown or restart, on restart, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F2 to enter the BIOS setup, press F9 to load setup defaults, press F10 to save and exit, reboot into Windows, and test

Please let us know how it turns out, and if you're able to run the BIOS update. Good luck.

Mike

andresCR

thanks mike, i already apply the update, it was perfect.

pura vida!!!

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

Good to hear Andres. You're very welcome, happy to help. Thanks for letting us know it worked.

Mike

aiiken

how to enter toshiba satellite l745-PSK0YL bios, i can't access, i press all the keys, but nothing happens

please help me, and also no display of Toshiba Logo