mikealice

Bios Update Error Code 1275

While I was upade the Bios for p205-s6337 I received an error code 1275 it will not me update the Bios. 

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: Bios Update Error Code 1275

[ Edited ]

Satellite P205-S6337 Specifications

Satellite P205-S6337 Downloads

Download this file to a separate folder. This is actually a self extracting, self installing zip file. Use jZip, or any other zip extraction software to extract the zipped files into the folder you've created.  Read the file called  isocdrom.txt  which will give you the basic instructions on how to create a bootable BIOS update CD. But, essentially you need to use Free ISO Burner, or any other ISO disk burning software, and burn the file sp200v170.iso  to disk.

ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.70 for Satellite P200/P205 (PSPB0U)

Make sure you are running on AC power with the battery in, unplug from the Internet and all peripherals, ensure you do NOT have a BIOS or Startup password enabled in the BIOS. Then put the disk in your DVD/CD drive, reboot your system, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F12 to enter the boot sequence menu and boot off the DVD/CD drive. Backup your old BIOS, update your BIOS, the system will want to shutdown or restart, on restart, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press F2 to enter the BIOS setup, press F9 to load setup defaults, press F10 to save and exit, then try to run the recovery again.

Please let us know how it turns out, and if you're able to perform the BIOS update. Good luck.

Mike

mikealice

What about the option install from windows?  How do I that?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

I gave you the best advice I could. If you don't want to follow it that's up to you.

The boot CD BIOS update method is the safest way to do it. If the update messes up part way through, your BIOS will almost certainly be corrupted. Which, in all likelihood, means you'll have to get it repaired. And, you're already getting an error message before the Windows based update runs, and you still want to mess with it?

With the AC plugged in and the battery in, do a fresh reboot, close all open programs, close everything you can in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen, unplug and/or disconnect from the Internet, unplug all peripherals, right click on the downloaded BIOS update exe file, left click on 'Run as Administrator'.

Good luck.

Mike