Occasional Contributor
fishinopa

Best way to clean out a hard drive.

I have a A505 S605 Satelite laptop with a hard drive full of junk. I would  like to start over by cleaning out the hard drive completely. After the hard drive is cleaned out, I will install everything using the recovery disks that I got from the Geek Squad when I bought the computer.

What is the best way to get the hard drive wiped out? Thank you for your help.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Best way to clean out a hard drive.

[ Edited ]

Just back up the data you need to keep onto a usb thumb drive or usb external hard drive then run the Recovery Disk to restore the system to it's factory out of box state.   IT will wipe the drive as part of the process leaving your system exactly as it came to from the factory.  You don't need to delete anything first. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Occasional Contributor
fishinopa

Re: Best way to clean out a hard drive.

Thank you for answering my question. I just thought if I done that, it would leave crap on the hard drive. Again thank you for your help.