Occasional Contributor
ssblackcat

Battery not charging

I have a Satellite L655D-S5505. The battery icon says it's plugged in to the power source (it is) and that is battery is charging (it isn't). I have swapped out my battery with a friend's fully charged battery (same battery from exact same model) and same problem. I can hover over the icon and watch the percentage go down and the battery drain. Also, the ON/OFF and the battery LED indicator lights on the front are blinking amber. Yes, it is definitely those two lights, I know which are which. HELP! Do I have a bad board?

Regular Advisor
Rickez

Re: Battery not charging

One possible quick fix...power off the machine. Disconnect power and remove the battery. Now press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Place the battery back in the machine, re-insert power and power on the machine.

Rick...

Occasional Contributor
ssblackcat

Rickez - thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I've already tried this (found this suggestion on here). I've ruled out the battery and the power cord being the problem and figure it must be hardware? Wondering what part would need to be replaced.

Regular Advisor
Rickez

Since it looks like you battery and power adapter are working, from what I've seen in the past, it's not uncommon for the port where you plug power into the machine to become dislodged/broke from the motherboard, usually requiring a new board.

Rick...

Occasional Contributor
ssblackcat

[ Edited ]

I just had this replaced 2 months ago because it was broke. It didn't act like this then. I had to wiggle it around to get a connection. It's the "plugged in, charging" message that is confusing me. I've found some other posts referring to this. Maybe I need to reinstall power management software? I am not adept at any of this tech stuff but I'm also cash poor and don't want to spend any more money on this.

heck2d2

I am facing the same issue it looks like this toshiba has a big problem