JJarmon

Backlight not coming back on.

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I have a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5162. It's only about three weeks old, new bought from Amazon. After sleep mode, the backlight will not turn back on until I restart my computer. Then after pressing Fn+F6/F7, the backlight does not change, it stays the same. Same thing if I do it manually in the power settings, nothing changes. How do I resolve this? It worked on the very first day, but now it doesn't. I'm also very displeased to find out that my computer doesn't seem to be listed on this site for any driver downloads.

I also just found out today that my multi-touch doesn't work. If I use two fingers to zoom in or out, it doesn't work. It's actually not very sensitive at all like how it was on the first day.

I don't know what other problems it has. I feel like calling Toshiba to get a replacement after all these problems and how it come with a broken pixel, but I probably won't do that since it'll take time to get my only computer back. What do I do? 

Peter

Re: Backlight not coming back on.

I see five pages of downloads for that model.

Satellite L755D-S5162

Try this. Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

Then reinstall these:

Toshiba Value Added Package(v1.6.3; 08-05-2011; 174.1M)

Synaptics TouchPad Driver(v15.2.11.1; 02-08-2011; 37.84M)

- Peter
msnow

Re: Backlight not coming back on.

I recently bought a L755 and am having the same problem right out of the gate. It is 3 days old. what have you found to help with the issue?