Occasional Contributor
JoeFort
Accepted Solution

APSDaemon.exe, MSVCR80.dll

Satellite A665-S6086, Widows 7 Home Premium 64, IE 8

Twice today on startup I received the following error message:

APSDaemon.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I closed the box and carried on without incident.  When I started up the computer a second time later in the day I got the same error message and closed the box again but a few hours later there was a problem connecting to the internet.  I ran the diagnostic and it said my Realtek device was not working.  I don't know if these are related.  I tried a Windows Search for APSDaemon.exe and MSVCR80.dll but there was nothing.  I couldn't connect to the internet so I shut down and turned off power to the computer.  I started up again, got the error message, couldn't connect to the internet and ran the diagnostic with the same result.  I restored the system to an earlier date, restarted it, did not get the error message and was able to connect to the internet.

I checked the Toshiba forums but there was nothing on APSDaemon or MSVCR80.  Results of a web search indicated it was a problem with Apple I-Tunes and recommended uninstalling.  I never use I-Tunes so I uninstalled it.  Now here I am.  Questions:

1. Are the APSDaemon and MSVCR80 problems related to Apple I-Tunes? Whether yes or no, how do I correct the problem?

2. Is the error related to the Realtek device not working?  Unfortunately I did not write down the specifics of the diagnostic result.

3. Over the past week I had problems with error messages when using Flash Player.  Is that related to any of this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: APSDaemon.exe, MSVCR80.dll

Satellite A665-S6086

What's the situation now? It's not clear what works and what does not.

When you talk about an internet connection, are you talking about wireless or Ethernet?

The message probably was from iTunes.

-Jerry
Regular Advisor
bmurray

APSDaemon.exe is associated with Apple i-Tunes so if you uninstalled i-Tunes then that issue should not reoccur.

MSVCR80.dll is a Windows system file.  To repair the system files, you can run system file checker (sfc).  open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow.  it should detect any missing or corrupt system files and attempt to repair them.  I'd suggest running at least 2x.  Alternatively, to repair windows, you can create a windows repair disk, and use it to run the windows repair which should also fix any issues with your OS. 

The real issue is why is the system file missing.  I'd suggest running at least 2-3 different scans on your computer to detect for maleware.  MS security essentials, malewarebytes, etc.

L305-S5955, 4GB RAM, 250GB 10K rpm HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

MSVCR80.dll is a Windows system file.

Actually, it's a runtime file for applications and comes with them. SFC doesn't check for its presence.

What is Msvcr80.dll?

-Jerry
MarcusArelius77

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my A665D-S6082.  I started receiving the error and my wireless device dissappears from my device manager.  I end up having to take apart the laptop and put it back together again before it will recognize it again.  It has hapened twice now but I am still getting the APSDaemon.exe error.  Any other advice?  I an running the scannow as we speak. 

Thanks,

Mark

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A665D-S6082

What are you doing when the message occurs?

Do you have iTunes installed?

Please attach a picture of the message.

-Jerry
MarcusArelius77

Jerry,

Sorry I didn't take a picture of it and accidently closed the message.  Both times it has happened the wireless light on the front of the machine goes off and then it disappears from my adapter settings.  When I restart the computer I get the message and it just recently started last week.  In order for me to get the wireless light to come back on I have to take the laptop apart and take the keyboard off.  Once i remove and reset the ribbon cable going to the power bar it works again.  I don't know if it is two separate issues that are occurring at the same time or if it is all tied together.  I have been having issues for awhile where I have to reset the router throughout the day to stay connected and I don't know what that is about either.  Oh and yes I do have itunes installed.  Thanks for the help.

V/r,

Mark

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

When I restart the computer I get the message..

I'm not sure I understand. You get the message only when Windows boots?

I asked what you're doing when the message appears.

-Jerry
Regular Advisor
kenna

[ Edited ]

You have to uninstall below in this order:

iTunes
Mobile Apple
Bonjour
Icloud
Apple Application Support
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support (note- Apple Mobile Device Support will not come out but that is not a problem)

reboot the machine

Install the dll file

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347

Then download the iTunes software again and install then you should be fine.

By uninstalling all apple products and installing the dll seemed to fixed it.

-Kenna

"Knowledge should be unrestricted and the most important commodity we can offer to help one another."
Regular Advisor
kenna

[ Edited ]

By the way, you need to update your Microsoft Internet Explorer. You currently have IE8. You need to install Internet Explorer 11.

Update after you have cirrected your Apple iTunes error.

-Kenna

"Knowledge should be unrestricted and the most important commodity we can offer to help one another."
MarcusArelius77

Jerry,

Yes I only get the message when I reboot the system.  I rarely reboot unless it is for an update or new installation of software.  So maybe I should do it more often.  Thanks.

V/r,

Mark

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Does the message occur during a  clean boot, Mark?

1. Open the System Configuration utility (msconfig.exe).

2. On the General tab, click Selective startup and clear the Load startup items check box.

3. On the Services tab, click the Hide all Microsoft services check box and click Disable all.

4. OK out and restart the computer.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
JoeFort

Thanks to all who responded.  I uninstalled i-Tunes in the correct order and that solved the APSDaemon and MSVCR80 problems.  I went on to run a full system scan with my Norton Internet Security and then with Malwarebytes Antimalware scan.  Each found a few items.  I then updated Internet Explorer to IE 11 (after finding that I did not have SP-1 for Windows 7 installed, even though my automatic update is turned on).  I then updated to Flash Player 12.  Surprise!  All the problems went away, including the Flash Player problems addressed in a different thread.  I am very pleased because for once, except for the small SP-1 glitch, everything installed and updated as it should and now IE and Flash videos all work without a hitch.  I haven't tried to re-install i-Tunes but since I never use it I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks again for all your help.