Tmo
Tmo

A665-S6050 USB Driver

I've seen a number of problems regarding USBs, BUGCODE_USB..., and the Blue Screen of Death.  I, too, have the problem related to my computer.  While I have yet to see a solution on these boards.  I make the following observations:

1.  While the computer originally came with WIN7 32-bit; I at some point updated to WIN7 64-bit.

-usbhub.sys is called from the x86 32-bit section of the hard drive

2.  I loaded a JMicron Windows update which failed several times before finally loading.

The closest potential solution I've seen is here, though clearly not yet a solution and arguably unrelated:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Troubleshooting/L775-S7111-SD-Reader-problem-with-certain-card...

My first questions are these:

1.  I believe the above usbhub.sys driver is supposed to function for both the 32-bit and 64-bit systems.  Is this correct or, if not, where can I find a 64-bit version?

2.  What is the driver for the reader supposed to be for the USB Composite Device?  I currently have ver 6.1.7601.17586 for the file usbccgp.sys.  If different, where can I find the replacement.  I tried 6.1.7600.30126 in the above link, yet it didn't work.  This have been updated by the JMicron Windows update, and cannot figure out how to reverse it as it doesn't allow me to rollback the driver.

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: A665-S6050 USB Driver

[ Edited ]

Satellite A665-S6050

According to the spec above, your model came with 64-bit Windows.

The only widespread USB-driver anomaly I'm aware of is a glitch during the application of Service Pack 1.

Binary files in some USB drivers are not updated after you install Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2...

Some history here.

The Windows 7 SP1 USB Driver Bug (what it is and how to fix it)

-Jerry
Tmo
Tmo

I'm aware of this glitch and have the Windows solutions for the binary file already applied.  Given WIN7 64-bit came with the original laptop, I'm somewhat curious (yet believe that it is an aside) why usbhub.sys would be found in windows\system32\drivers file - assumed to be a 32-bit version.

What is the correct version for usbccgp.sys?  Is it 6.1.7601.17586?  Is usbhub.sys the same version?

Thank You.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

why usbhub.sys would be found in windows\system32\drivers file - assumed to be a 32-bit version.

All of the drivers in 64-bit Windows are 64-bit files. There are no 32-bit drivers allowed.

That's why peripherals having no 64-bit drivers cannot be used by 64-bit Windows. 

What is the correct version for usbccgp.sys?  Is it 6.1.7601.17586?  Is usbhub.sys the same version?

Yes, my 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 has both usbccgp.sys usbhub.sys at v6.1.7601.17586.

-Jerry
Tmo
Tmo

OK, after more research, I think I may be on to something.  As I understand it the USB Composite Device (the card reader) is using a Microsoft plug and play driver.  Toshiba indicates that the computer should be using a JMicron driver:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/downloadDetail.jsp?pf=true&soid=2708878

Yet, when I follow the instructions the Microsoft driver does not change.  It still registers as a Microsoft driver ver. 6.1.7601.17586, not the JMicron version 1.00.44.01 which Toshiba recommends.  Further, when I try to load the JMicron driver manually I cannot find any .inf file which Windows will accept as a driver.  So, if I'm not mistaken rather than the recommended JMicron driver Windows update is overriding.

Anyone able to actually use the JMicron driver may be able to deal with the BUGCODE USB errors we've been getting.

Make sense?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You haven't yet told us what your problem is. You've only talked about solutions.

What is the problem? Attach pictures if you can.

-Jerry