Occasional Contributor
Rubben

A305-S6872 Web Cam Wont activate

Can someone help me on this... It says  (Webcam is either disabled or has failed Please Check Your Webcam settings)

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: A305-S6872 Web Cam Wont activate

Occasional Contributor
Rubben

It said..that that driver to Install is older than the one i have.

What should i do?

Occasional Contributor
Rubben

I unistall the one i have to install the new one..and it says Default Feature  Default component Access Denied..

Now no Traybar.exe.

Help..Thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Occasional Contributor
Rubben

That Dont work on my laptop..

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

What does the camera have for Device status in Device Manager?

This is the camera utility. Maybe it helps.

Camera Utility for Windows XP / Vista (32/64bit)

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Rubben

Wont work...It says Access Denied

the thing is i do not have de traybar.exe. neither..

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

You ignored my question about Device status in Device Manager.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Imaging devices. Do you see the Chicony camera there?

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Rubben

sorry Jerry.

i check the devmgmt.msc and no chicony.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It does seem like you have a hardware malfunction. The only way to tell for sure is to restore the hard disk to its original factory-new contents using Toshiba recovery media.

Can't hurt to jump through this hoop once. Sometimes it enables a recalcitrant device. With the battery and power adapter removed, close the power-on switch and hold it for half-a-minute. Then reassemble and restart the computer.

-Jerry
bomberbob

Sorry to tailgate on this thread, but I don't see anything better.

A friend of mine has a A305-6872 satellite. It got infected real bad with virus, to the point where I just did the factory restore and wiped it clean. Laptop operates normally now, installed SP 1 (vista), except the built in webcam does not work. It does not show up in devices, doesn't show up anywhere. I downloaded and installed the software for that model, it installs but comes up later and says something about restart the camera or the computer. The camera worked before I did the back to factory restore, so why does it not work now? Scan for new devices in control panel, nothing. The control panel will show up on the left side of the monitor, but none of the buttons work.

Is there something I need to go fix in the registry, or something, because I do not want to have to do another restore, especially if I end up with the same problem I have now. Installed skype, sound works, no video. I tried using the scanner and camera wizard, and looking for the camera drivers in the camera driver folder, no joy.

Does anybody have any other ideas on how to fix this besides "do a factory restore"?

Regular Contributor
Altair

Go to the control panel and uninstall the camera software, restart and then install it again.  Maybe that may work. 

dardan

I have same problem like you 

Pakmangetem

i have the exact same problem...i been trying to fix it for months...but haven't found a solutin yet. i did a clean install of w7. everything but the camera works....someone told me, that toshiba doesn't make drivers for w7, i went to the website and even installed the new driver, but no luck..i don't even see an imaging device in the device manager. man..if u get your problem solved, plz email me and tell me how u did it. thnx. pakidude1@yahoo.com

Steve_Esposito

Okay, here are some more details from my experience.

No camera was showing in my Device Manager window, not even the parent folder for input devices.  As I downloaded the above driver, while it showed 6 MIN or more in the download progress window, the Device Manager window redrew and showed Input Devices, with Chicony 2.0 as child.

I restarted Skype, it showed I now have a camera but some other program was using it.  I have not tracked down the other program, if there really is some program that I did not invoke using the thing.

Closed Skype, waited for driver .Zip to finish downloading, tried to start it.  Got a message that existing driver is newer.

Went into camera settings in DM, uninstalled existing driver, then tried to install "older" one downloaded from the link.  Message told me same as before I uninstalled, that the installed driver is newer.

Disabled the device and it went away, along with its parent directory in DM.

Tried to install downloaded driver.  Same message as before, the current driver is newer.  However, no camera or parent tirectory for input devices is showing in DM.

For months I have been getting a message that "the USB device will work faster if connected to high speed port" (not exact wording) but I have no external USB devices connected.  Today, while trying to get camera working again, is when I noticed that the cam is a USB device, hard wired, installed in computer.

Any new ideas?