sameerkatre

A205 S4617 laptop freezes when ac power plugged in.

HI,

I have been using satellite A05-S4617 since Aug 2007, recently it started to freeze intermittently, sometimes would not start up, then I realized if I plugin the ac adapter the system freezes. On Battery it works fine, the battery charges properly when I connect the laptop to ac adapter without turning on the Laptop.

Occasional Contributor
Timoteo

Re: A205 S4617 laptop freezes when ac power plugged in.

You might want to try another ac adapter.

sameerkatre

Thanks ,

I just realized that the laptop works fine when in safe mode whether plugged in or not, its only when I log in windows in normal mode that the laptop hangs when I plugged in.

I have restored the laptop to factory settings even then this problem persists.

apurv245

Hi

I have the excat same problem With my Satellite M200. It freezez when i plug in the AC adapter. Works fine on batteries. Works fine with adapter in safe mode. Did you find any solutions to it ?? I will be very grateful to you if can help me in this regard.

Thanks

Apurv

essesstelecom

sir can u give me any solution as my laptop freezes when power adapter is connected

regards

sudarshan singh

ralven5

SAme exact problem. I think this sounds more like it should be a recall, not to mention the many other problems I've had.

Occasional Advisor
moroji

Set power profile for high performance.

-=: moroji :=-
DennisDemenace

Hi I have exactly the same problem with my L305-S5907.

Do we have a solution for this? I really badly need to fix it now.

WildCATPC

I have found out thru extrensive reading and research that the nec capacitor is failing or has already failed and needs to be replaced.  They say it should be replaced with the smd capacitor for better reliability and that will eliminate that problem.  Or you could buy a new motherboard...  Just my 2 cents worth... Hope this helps everyone out...

AlphaTiger

[ Edited ]

Hi

Problem:  I have a satellite A205-S5809 and I've been dealing with the same problem for the past 3-4 months. My laptop would freeze the second I plug in my AC Adapter.  I never tried working on safe mode because that would be insanely slow for me. I tried multiple things including changing the battery, changing the AC Adapter and nothing worked. 

Solution: Recently, I found this motherboard on eBay and I replaced the motherboard and that was the only thing that permanently resolved my problem. Once I started my laptop after changing the motherboard, there was a prompt about detecting a new hardware and it asked to press F1 to load defaults or F2 for setup.  I pressed F1 and windows started normally.  The only other thing I had to do is update the clock so I can get windows updates going again.  These two things are very important.  Here is the link for the motherboard:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=a205-s5809+motherboard&_sacat=0&_from=R...

Other Info: I read at other forums that if you go to safe mode, disable one of the processors and restart normally, that would temporary resolve the problem but it didn't work for everyone.  Also, if you restart your laptop for updates or any other reason, you will have to go back and re-do the whole safe mode thing.  I tried this before I bought the new motherboard and it didn't work for me.  If this works for you, this might be a cheaper and a temporary solution to the problem than spending $80 for a motherboard.  I personally don't understand how people said that it worked for them since the problem is not with the processor.  I think the problem is in a specific component of the motherboard.

Good luck all.  Hope this helps.