mercuryblaze3

A105-S4384 Won't Start: Only Batt/Cap/Num/Scoll lights

When the charger is plugged in, the caps lock, numlock, scroll lock, and battery (orange), light up; but the laptop doesn't come on.  I have not tried to replace the battery (original), or remove and insert the memory sticks, or any other remedy.  I recently replaced wireless antenna and wires.  Please advise.  Thanks Toshibalites!

Peter

Re: A105-S4384 Won't Start: Only Batt/Cap/Num/Scoll lights

Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

If it still won't start, remove the battery and start with just the AC power. Next try without the AC power and just the battery. Also, check that the RAM is inserted securely. Instructions can be found in your user's guide if you need.

- Peter
mercuryblaze3

Thanks for a plausible solution.  I will try it at my next opportunity.  By wires, are you referring to the wired connections on the mainboard (keyboard, speakers, power cable etc.)?

Peter

I simply mean any external connections - USB devices, power, ethernet, etc.

- Peter
mercuryblaze3

Thanks again for your advice.  I have tried all of the solutions you suggested; still the same result.  I have grave concerns, I did not anticipate this.  What else could it be, if you have any idea? 

Peter

Does the power indicator LED (looks like a small power cord) light up when the power is connected?

- Peter
mercuryblaze3

Yes it does come on.

Peter

Most likely that means there may be a problem with the laptop itself. You may want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter