pakaya

A100 VA705C - CARD READER NOT RECOGNIZED / READING : PLEASE HELP

Hi

The subject line says it all :smileysad: I am definitely not a techie and can follow simple instructions. Would appreciate very very much if some kind soul can helpme out with my problem.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: A100 VA705C - CARD READER NOT RECOGNIZED / READING : PLEASE HELP

Go into Device Manager and uninstall the card reader then reboot the system to have Windows automatically re-install it.  This normally fixes this problem. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

pakaya

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Went to device manager but did not see any item called card reader. apologize for my lack of knowledge.

pakaya

Further info - I am running Vista Home Premium.

A100 PSAANC VA705C.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

See if you find anything like Texas Instuments FlashMedia listed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

pakaya

Nope nothing like that listed. I am trying to printscreen and paste same here for your ref, but am unable to do so.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

You need to upload the graphic to one of the image hosting sites like PhotoBucket, ImageShack, etc. and then provide a link to it in your message.  You can't upload an image directly to the forum (at least not that I know of).

Regular Contributor
smitty1938

Mine is listed in device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Click the plus symbol and it will give you a list. Mine is listed as picure cad controller. Right click on this item and it will give you the option to uninstall it.

daj
daj

What happens then? Do you have to load something?

Regular Contributor
smitty1938

After removing the driver, reboot your computer and it should reload it.