emmi331
Accepted Solution

On/off Light

This is pretty lame, but I honestly can't figure it out.  I just purchased a Toshiba laptop.  It has three small lights on the front of the keyboard.  The middle one is designated as the on/off light.  I don't understand why it starts blinking when I turn the computer off.  Does that simply signal that it's off?  I'm curious & hope you can answer this.  Thanks...

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: On/off Light

Emmi, your User's Guide explains the lights on your computer.  I would give you a reference but you didn't tell me your model info.  Type User's Guide in the Start/Search box and hit enter.  The light you are talking about only blinks if you put the computer to sleep.  It turns off all the way if you shut it down completely.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
emmi331

Thanks for your speedy reply!  I came back here this morning to tell everyone how silly I felt, since the light did not blink last night when the computer was turned off.  I realized then that earlier I had probably put it into some kind of stand-by mode without realizing it.  And I've been too darn lazy to browse through my user's guide!  Only checked the Quick Start booklet.  This is a Satellite L870 series, and has been great.  The 17.3" screen makes for a really good web surfing experience. 

P.S. I'll start looking through the user's guide asap.  :smileyhappy:

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

You're welcome, Emmi. You do have a nice machine there and I hope you enjoy it.  If you have any problems, just post back here.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit