Ryan123456

Can i leave my laptop plugged on 24/7 without damaging the battery ?

I recently bought a toshiba s50d and want to know if i can leave it on the charge 24/7

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Can i leave my laptop plugged on 24/7 without damaging the battery ?

All our laptops are plugged in 24/7.

-Jerry
Emnm

It won't damage it but it may not last as long...only estimated 250 hours anyway.

Also, it may start to have charge spots where it only charges to a certain point giving fewer and fewer hours of use between charges.

Mousemover46

I had a Toshiba Satellite that was plugged in for most of the nine years that I had it.  Just make sure that the machine is shut off at end of the day.

My current Satellite L70 stays plugged in to house current unless I have to move it.  I do have a spare battery for it.

Not sure why there would be a problem  I unplug mine now and then to use it in another room.  The computer should tell you when the battery needs charging.

If you are worried about this, then simply pull the power cord from the power port at the back or side of the computer.  It only takes a second to put it back on household or office power...

I went to laptops from desktops because it is easier to clean my desk with only the laptop and its stand to move.