txheat

reset to factory

[ Edited ]

i have a Toshiba excite 305T16. how do i reset this tablet. I was messing with kaspersky and now it locked me out. It keep asking me for a code. I didnt create any code .

txheat

Re: reset to factory

i take it there is no way of a hard reset for this tablet. So what if we need to change batteries?
txheat

Great Tech support! toshiba #1!
Peter

If by "hard reset" you just want to shut down the tablet immediately, holding the power button will do that even if it's locked up. If you want to do a factory reset, you can do that too. With the tablet off, hold the power button and volume up at the same time. Then select the "out of box" icon.

Did you find anything useful when you called tech support?

- Peter
RichardKramer

I perform the factory reset by holding the volume up and power button when tablet is off. I get a screen with an android icon and an out of box icon. Neither are clickable. The android icon flashes slowly but that is it. If I turn power on regularly, the tablet wont get passed the load screen. Help?

Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

When you have booted into recovery mode, the touch screen does not work. You use the volume rocker (+/-) to navigate the screen (move the selection). Pressing the power button briefly will select the highlighted icon/command line.
LisaStephens

Any idea what to do when performing the factory reset doesn't work? Mine won't go beyond the TOSHIBA Leading Innovation screen. Tried numerous times, been a week now with the same situation. Any ideas would be great!