Occasional Contributor
MaxStone1

at300? Accessories

Just had two quick burning questions on an otherwise pretty decent product.

1) I purchased this from QVC and the tablet lists itself as an AT300...just verifying this only indicates this was a tablet intended for EU/UK use as opposed to the AT305 for US/NA distribution? It's making it kinda interesting looking for accessories..which leads to

2) Are the Toshiba accessories the only things compatible with this table or does the docking connector work with any third party stations? I'm curious as I'd like to get some better external speakers since I use this for my bedside radio/alarm clock as well as it's uses at work.

With these things answered, I can pretty much keep reccommending this product to my coworkers who come by and just drool when they see it :smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
malutki

Re: at300? Accessories

Mine is US version. On the box it says AT305-T16, but on the back of the unit it says AT300. I guess they are all AT300 really.

So far I didn't find any case I like for it. There are a few offered from Toshiba but neither is good enough for me. I will wait a little longer and see if any other company (Blurex, MoTo) produces something I like.

Martin

Regular Advisor
dalepl

If you would like a silicone case, go to ThriveForums.org.  BobJ Gear has a section and has a custom silicone case for the Excite 10".  It is sweet and fits real well.  Provides great protection too.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
bobbyshawatl

During my research into my current tablet problems, I too discovered my tablet showed AT300 when I bought an AT305-T32.  I found this statement on a review page:

"To be perfectly clear, this is a review of the Toshiba Excite 10 quad core Android 4.0 ICS tablet, whose model number is AT300 or AT305. Toshiba adds the 5 at the end of their computing product model numbers to indicate retail vs. business sales channels and it's otherwise meaningless."

So, if that is true, then the accessories should be the same.  So far, I haven't bought many accessories for the tablet (only owning it for a week).  I did order a case off Amazon.  Search for the "MoKo folding Cover Case".  It's a nice, sturdy, good looking leather case for the tablet.  It fits well, and has all the cutouts in the right place to prevent blocking any controls or inputs.  I also bought a USB host cable.  Just bought a cheap generic one on Amazon, and it worked fine.

Occasional Contributor
MaxStone1

Excellent...the universial stand I got is good enough but it's the orientation of the docking connector and it's overall size that's my problem. It appears the docking connector is not compatible with 3rd party speaker docks and if you have the AC adapter plugged in your have to have the tablet oriented with it on "top"

minor annoyance.

RodPuckey

Well that proves that there is a difference in the AT300 and the AT305.  The AT300 does not have a working USB connection.

Quite a statement I know, but I'm on my third AT300 and none of them have working USBs. Wont even recognise an IR mouse, memory stick, camera, nothing.

bobbyshawatl wrote:

During my research into my current tablet problems, I too discovered my tablet showed AT300 when I bought an AT305-T32.  I found this statement on a review page:

"To be perfectly clear, this is a review of the Toshiba Excite 10 quad core Android 4.0 ICS tablet, whose model number is AT300 or AT305. Toshiba adds the 5 at the end of their computing product model numbers to indicate retail vs. business sales channels and it's otherwise meaningless."

So, if that is true, then the accessories should be the same.  So far, I haven't bought many accessories for the tablet (only owning it for a week).  I did order a case off Amazon.  Search for the "MoKo folding Cover Case".  It's a nice, sturdy, good looking leather case for the tablet.  It fits well, and has all the cutouts in the right place to prevent blocking any controls or inputs.  I also bought a USB host cable.  Just bought a cheap generic one on Amazon, and it worked fine.

Occasional Contributor
MaxStone1

hmmm my mini-usb works fine on this one too..I got my adaptor at Wal-Mart when I was in getting a generic screen protector film that I later ditched  because of air bubble issues.

RodPuckey

MaxStone1 wrote:

hmmm my mini-usb works fine on this one too..I got my adaptor at Wal-Mart when I was in getting a generic screen protector film that I later ditched  because of air bubble issues.

What were you running on it.  I have tried a mouse, an IR mouse, a keyboard, memory sticks and have had none of them recognised.  This is with 3 different machines, taken it back twice.  PCWorld have now refused to exchange or refund as they don't think this a problem.

Anyone else had this problem? [Machine not PCWorld]

Anyone know how to solvet this problem?

All help greatfully received as the assistance I am getting to my requests to Toshiba is non existant.

Thanks in advance.

Rod

Regular Advisor
dalepl

What type of adapter are you using?  If it is a straight through adapter, find yourself an OTG adapter.  I think you will find the USB port will work fine.

Paul L. Dale
Thrive Developer - ThriveForums.org
aliases

Don't know if everyone has a case, but I absolutely love this one: moko toshiba excite 10 case. Got it from Amazon for $20. Best accessory I've purchased for the Excite 10 AT305. Has holes for all the cameras and ports and is very snug.

kRICit

I am having the same issue as you. I purchased my at300 being told (as it even claims in the manual installed on the tablet) that is has the ability to usb host. It does connect as a mass storage unit to my computer no problem so I know the usb works, but any device that requires hosting is not recognized. I have tried my camera (with a special usb direct cable for tablets), a mouse, a wireless mouse, a keyboard, even a novelty usb light... nothing. 

I have tried 3 cables with no luck, installed a usb host controller app and brought it in to Best Buy where I purchased it and had the geek squad look into it. Still nothing.

I tried to call Toshiba but was told "Maybe someone will call you within the next THREE days" Seriously? So do I take the next 3 days off work and wait for the call? If I miss the call am I out of luck and have to wait another 3 days? 

Don’t get me wrong it is a BEAUTIFUL tablet and I love Toshiba products, but at this point I am thinking its not worth the hassle and it might be easier to just return it and get something else that will work... proper.