GE_
GE_
Accepted Solution

Toshiba registration error

Hi

I'm trying to register my Tablet which was purchased in Latin america in Toshiba website (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/sup/jsp/taisreg/registrationSerial.jsp). However, after submitting all my purchase details and personal information I get a message error "Got Exception communicating w/GEDB web service" and the process can't be completed.

Could you please help me with this problem, please?

Regards

Peter

Re: Toshiba registration error

I have seen this type of error occur previously when it has trouble with the address. If there are any variations of the address, you may want to try that. For example, I once lived at an address that some online sites would only accept if I changed the zip code to the zip code nearby. I suppose I must have lived on the border.

If you can't get it to work, please send me a Private Message with all your registration information. To send me a PM, click my name to view my profile and then click the link on the right.

- Peter
Peter

I was able to register it! It seemed to have trouble validating your phone number, so I simply didn't use it. (Phone number isn't required.) You're all set now.

- Peter
GE_
GE_

Great! I have verifed and everything looks fine, thanks for your time and help Peter! :smileyhappy:

Hi Peter, I needed a core i3 laptop urgently for my research and website development suite so I went to one of the Retail shops in Accra Ghana to get a brand new laptop. After removing it from it box and booting it there was a pop up which asked me to register the machine but the feedback I get after submitting is registration error. Since I did not buy the machine with a credit card from Toshiba and only bought it from a retail shop in Accra Ghana, what is the way forward for me to get the brand new machine registered?.

Regards.

Research / Computing Associate
Institute of Development &Technology Management
Ghana
Peter

There seems to be two problems I've noted, and both are validation-related. First, try registering without the phone number. It's not required, and I've seen phone numbers fail validation. The other is more complicated, but the form we use seems best-suited for US addresses. Some countries use systems that look a little different, so I've had to experiment to get them to be accepted by the validation.

If you want to send me a private message with your serial number, full model number, part number, purchase date, purchase country, full name, address, phone number, and e-mail, I'll try to register it for you.

- Peter
abrad

Hi peter, in have same problem y trying to register my l855.. how can u help me! ASAP
Peter

Can you send me a private message with your model, part, and serial number found on the bottom label? Also include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and purchased date.

To send me a PM, click my name to view my profile. Then click the link on the right of my profile.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
willyneu

I've been havingthe same problem..  Will try registering without my phone number

monkey2

Re: Toshiba registration denied

I registered my new Tecra laptop using my old satellite a305, now I'm denied on registering my new tecra.  How do I fix?

Peter

Re: Toshiba registration denied

Please contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter