Alchemist
Accepted Solution

No Microphone!!

The Excite user guide talks about voice input, and a voice search app is present on the device, but they don't work giving an audio error! Apparently there is no microphone! None is shown on the spec sheet and none is shown on the diagrams of the device !!!

Peter

Re: No Microphone!!

The Excite does have a microphone. The voice search app searches the web, not the device. When you touch it, does it say "Connection problem"? If so, that means you're not connected to Wi-Fi.

- Peter
Alchemist

no when i touch the mic icon I get a message "Audio Problem" Since I see no obvious microphone opening, and none is shown on the diagrams in the manual, and no microphone is listed on the spec sheet, I assume there is no mic.

Peter

The Excite does have a microphone. Try using the camera application to shoot a video. Make some noise while recording; then play the video to see if you hear it.

- Peter
Alchemist

Ok it does work! Needed a full power down and restart! Some app must have caused

the problem and as I saw no ovvious mic and no mention on the spec sheet i assumed that maybe it had not been included! Thanks for feedback!

Peter

No problem! I'm glad it's working for you. Enjoy your Excite!

- Peter