jballje

Multi-Dock and the Excite

So I purchased my new Excite which I must say I am loving! While I was looking for a case I came across a Multi-Dock for 10" Toshiba Tablets so I grabbed it right away, I get home all excited to hook it all up and to my surprise there is no power adapter.....go back to the back and sure enough it tells me there is not one included (very strange and kind of dumb in my opinion but it was an oversight on my part so I rolled with the punches!) I immediately jump on Amazon and grab the power cord. I came home today from work excited again since I knew the box was here waiting for me. I plug in the dock and insert my tablet......nothing happens with my TV (I have the HDMI cable properly connected) and the power indicator on my tablet says 0% and a pop up appears asking if I would like to shut down.

Again I go back to the box fully expecting to notice another oversight but nope! All it says its for Toshiba 10" Tablets.....well mine is the Excite 10 and it does nothing for me except waste my money.

I wanted to write Toshiba an email......but all I can find are phone numbers! 

I'm starting to think I should just return everything and go with a Samsung ......

Peter

Re: Multi-Dock and the Excite

Is it the Excite 10 or the Excite 10 LE?

Do you have a link to the dock you purchased?

- Peter
jballje

Its the Excite 10 (AT305-T16)

I bought the dock at. Local Best Buy or MicroTech but I believe this is the same one listed below
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=toshiba+multi+dock&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=727917...
Peter

That's a link to a search page that has a variety of products, so I can't be sure which you have. However, the Thrive 10 and Excite 10 use different docks. When the Thrive 10 was released, it was Toshiba's only 10" tablet, so that might contribute to vague labeling. Does your tablet fit snuggly? The Thrive is significantly thicker, so if it is a Thrive dock, I wouldn't expect the Excite 10 to fit snuggly in it.

- Peter
Oldschool86

I am having the exact same problem with a Multi-Dock and AC Adapter that I just purchased from the Toshiba website. I have the PA3934U Toshiba 10" Tablet Multi Dock with HDMI  and the PA3922U Toshiba 30 Watt AC Adapter and am using an Excite 10 AT305-T16.  Please tell me that this is not going to be a problem and that it will work like the Toshiba website led me to believe that it would.                       

Peter

On us.toshiba.com, the PA3934U multi dock is listed fully as "Toshiba Multi Dock with HDMI for Toshiba Thrive™ 10-inch Tablet." It is not compatible with the Excite.

- Peter
lcannon

You are lucky to have Excite 10.  I have an Excite 7.7.  I have no way to get a hdmi docking station for it at all.  One of the people at Toshiba Direct told me it don't exist.  Oh but I can see it clearly on the internet hooked to a big screen TV.  It is sold through Canada.  It is compatable with my excite 7.7.  I have talked to Toshiba Direct in Canada and they said, it is compatable with my United States Excite; however they can not ship it to me.  It is not available in the United States.  I have made an official complaint to Toshiba Direct USA.  I have 2 Toshiba laptops.  I am a technical person.  I buy and build computers all the time for Doctors and Lawyers.  People are constantly asking me for technical help.  I have given praises for Toshiba products for years.  I love this tablet, but I feel betrayed.  Why won't Toshiba sell me a hdmi multidock for my Toshiba Excite 7.7.

Peter

Toshiba Canada operates completely separately from Toshiba USA. It's likely that the reason that Toshiba Direct can't ship it to you is because they don't have any to ship to you; it's not a product they've chosen to carry.

- Peter
lcannon

Look it is the right unit.  It was in stock the last time I checked with the folks in Canada.  What other excuses are you going to give?  Oh maybe it doesn' exist.  That was one that was used by our US Toshiba.  Don't put the blame on someone else.  You are suplied from some of the same places.  You are part of the Toshiba company just in another country, but I won't argue that.  You have not answered the question.  If you have no way to get it from Canada then why don't you supply it here like you should.  Today I recomended a Toshiba laptop to my niece, but you know other brands are starting to look good.  There are other forums out there in cyberland that I will check out and as I get more frustrated I will spread the word.  I am persistant and maybe some day I will find someone who won't pass the buck or worse I will change computer recomendations and find a different computer for me.  Tell other people that the hdmi multidock for the Toshiba Excite 7.7 doesnt exist or come up with some other lame excuse or just tell us why we can't get it.

Peter

As I said, if it's not being carried by Toshiba Direct, it simply means we haven't chosen to carry it in the United States. We can't force Toshiba Canada to ship it to you.

- Peter
jballje

I decided to return the excite tablet since Toshiba can not properly maket and label items and accessories (along with their locked boot loader!). 

I have been a fan of consumer of Toshiba for many years (TVs, Laptops, DVD and Blu ray players, and even there mutlifuction copier/printers) so it was a hard decision but ultimatley I believe I got a better deal on my new ASUS that holds up to the excite in every way!

Thanks for the discouragement,

Jon

lcannon

lcannon

So you don't care about American consumers.  You sell us computer equipment that you have no intention in selling a full line of accessories that are fully accessable to Toshiba consumers in other countrys.  Are you prejudiced against America consumers or what.  Last time I checked my money spends.  You are still blaming someone else.  Hey Toshiba Direct in Canada is taking care of their customers.  Unlike you that choose not to support us.  I will not just change tablets to another brand,  You fix the problem!

vitvip

[ Edited ]

Peter wrote:

...if it's not being carried by Toshiba Direct, it simply means we haven't chosen to carry it in the United States.

Oh no, there's so much more to it. My personal experience relates to Exite 7.7:

1. The docks WERE available from Toshiba Direct several months ago;

2. Toshiba Direct chat support people keep telling me that they receive a lot of requests about the docks from the customers, but no definite answer on availability yet;

3. The worst part, IMHO. You wiped out the PA5014U-PSP from the specs, even from PDFs. It made the "Docking Connector" line in specs look ridiculous;

4. We are not blaming Toshiba Direct, we are blaming Toshiba. Would be more than happy to buy from any other merchant.

lcannon

gsattler

Toshiba Excite 10 Multi-Dock: PA5014C-1PAP

It is a shame the PA5014C-1PAP is not available from Toshiba Direct USA.  We have called our technical and sales representatives and like you have not gotten a response that makes any sense.  The dock is clearly available in overseas markets.  It is what it is.

skinnyfred

If you're still interested. I added 6 units to our site. They will arrive on Monday. It shows as out of stock, but it isn't. It takes 24hrs for our site to update.They will sell quickly.

If you need still need it, I suggest you order it ASAP. We will ship to the USA. Below is the link.

lcannon wrote:

You are lucky to have Excite 10.  I have an Excite 7.7.  I have no way to get a hdmi docking station for it at all.  One of the people at Toshiba Direct told me it don't exist.  Oh but I can see it clearly on the internet hooked to a big screen TV.  It is sold through Canada.  It is compatable with my excite 7.7.  I have talked to Toshiba Direct in Canada and they said, it is compatable with my United States Excite; however they can not ship it to me.  It is not available in the United States.  I have made an official complaint to Toshiba Direct USA.  I have 2 Toshiba laptops.  I am a technical person.  I buy and build computers all the time for Doctors and Lawyers.  People are constantly asking me for technical help.  I have given praises for Toshiba products for years.  I love this tablet, but I feel betrayed.  Why won't Toshiba sell me a hdmi multidock for my Toshiba Excite 7.7.

http://skinnymargins.com/toshiba-excite-7-multi-dock.html

skinnyfred

Though I would let you know. We will be receiving 20 docking station in 2 weeks. 6 are already spoken for. If you are in need of one, I suggest you place your order now. They are selling as fast as we get them in. Use the above link. If there's anything I can help with, you can email me through the forum or my direct email. Sales@skinnargins.com
skinnyfred

Sorry sales@skinnymargins.com
stevid1

Re: Multi-Dock and the Excite misleading packaging and poor customer service

This situation with the packaging of this item reading "For The 10 Inch Toshiba Tablet" and not being suitable for the Excite 10 Inch Toshiba Tablet is typical of the horrible customer service and customer care that is Toshiba.  I have been waiting for a replacement power cable for my Exite 10, (still under warranty but the power cable is not) for 3 months.  I went to Amazon to buy this Toshiba Branded Dock "For The 10 Inch Toshiba Tablet" whle waiting  and found that it does not support this item.  The packaging on this item is totally incorect and misleading.  I have better things to do with my time than wade through Toshiba's site to find the small print before I order an accessory.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - My Excite tablet has not been functional for 3 months.  I have spoken to 6 people in customer service and found that they give different information about the power cord.   One rep in "elevated customer care" told me that they really dont even talk to each other when I asked why I was getting different stories.  I wish someone from Toshiba would contact me direclty but obviously good customer care and service is not a service that Toshiba strives for.  I guess they do not want repeat customers.