toddla

Micro USB Port Host Mode?

Does the micro USB port on the Excite operate in host mode like the full size USB port does on the Excite?  I want to be able to connect a memory stick via a micro to full size cable and read/write from/to the Excite to the memory stick.

Peter

Re: Micro USB Port Host Mode?

You'll need to use a USB On-The-Go cable. In addition, the port might not provide enough power for all devices.

- Peter
toddla

How much power does the Excite's USB port supply vs the full size port on the Thrive?
Peter

The Excite's is 200 mA and the THRiVE's is 500 mA.

- Peter
dogfunky

I ended up buying two micro-USB to FEMALE USB 2.0 cables for my tablet. I carry one in my bag with me and the other stays at home. If anyone is interested, this is the cable I purchased: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GI2VMG/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Occasional Contributor
miishen

@dogfunky:

Does the cable work for you?

I purchased the same cable (from the same seller) and mine does not work as an OTG cable. The tablet doesnt recognice any of my external HDD or flash drives. The drives get power, but do not appear in the file manager. (I've tried 3 different file managers.)

Or, does anyone know of a good micro usb OTG cable?

GG03

Hi

I have the same problem with my host adapter.

I tried to root my tablet but it's impossible, the driver doesn't exist for AT200.

I like to have a solution to connect my camera or card reader. I don't understand because it work with one usb key.

Thank you for your response if you find a solution.

windozer

@miishen,

The excite does not have enough power for usb HDD. You need to use an external powered hub. Look at dmesg on the tablet.

if you see any message like "0 profiles selected.. exceeding link power budget", then you need an powered external hub for your peripheral.

Occasional Contributor
miishen

@windozer
i tried the hdd on a hunch (and just to rule it out) after trying a few different flash drives. the issue I was posting about was - what is a good OTG cable?
as for dmesg- there was nothing there. again- that's why I was asking about a good OTG cable.
Do you know of one?
GG03

Hi
I don t no what is a good otg câble. I think my câble is goo. I buy it in amazon.com
When i connect my USB key, it work. But when i try with anything else it didn't work. When i connect my hdd with a power hub, all partitions are detected with the soft USB host controler but i can't mount them.
I dont understand what is dmesg?
Thank ou for helping
Occasional Contributor
arf1410

Will this cable allow one to read from a flash drive with the Excite?

GG03

Yes you can connect a flash drive with this cable. But only if it don't must a power adaptater.
ealvarez

I purchased a micro USB to female for my Tablet A 10, but doesn't´t works

I have a message that I need root the tablet