jbisen

Excite won't charge

I have an Excite AT300 and I have gone through 2 AC adapters in the last year.  This last one only lasted a couple months and again I can't even turn the tablet on anymore.  I'm not going to keep buying new adapters.  Anyone else have this issue?  Has it been resolved?

Peter

Re: Excite won't charge

If you can't solve your issue and no one in the community can help, contact support to speak with a tech support agent at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
HauntedDoll

My AT300 has the same problem. Powered down, the battery shows on the screen with a red bar at the bottom when connected to the power source. I've had it powered down and plugged in for up to three days and it remains at 0% battery. Other times, it will just decide to accept a charge, for no visible reason that I can see... But then, even connected to the power source, the battery drains right back down to zero and I'm in the same boat. No charge. I just received it back from the repair department yesterday. The very confusing letter sent with my returned tablet said they couldn't find anything wrong, but they replaced the motherboard anyway. Whatever they did there did not work, as my tablet is now at zero charge again after being on the cord for over 24 hours. Battery life that was on their when it was returned to me drained off while on the charger, too. Problem obviously not resolved. I love this tablet, but not thrilled with Toshiba's customer support department. And it looks like their repair department is clueless as well as worthless. This is a real hassle having to send it back over again... It seems, too, that Toshiba tablets have quite a few issues when it comes to charging. There are quite a few posts about this very issue on this forum. On one hand, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in having to deal with this problem, but on the other, I'm really kind of upset that this is obviously a recurring problem with their products and many of us are having to go through this. My tablet is only eight months old and, thankfully, still under warranty, but I don't like having to go through sending it back over and over again only to be told they can't find any problem and guessing at a fix that isn't a fix.
jbisen

Our problems are similar, but I can't even get the red battery to pop up.  I guess I'll call the service line later.  I'll report back if I get anything.