Peter

Excite™ Pro Android system update 4.3.001120219.01

We are pleased to announce a new Android system 4.3.001120219.01 image update for your Excite™ Pro tablet. This release will provide performance enhancements to your device. Toshiba encourages you download and install this update.

Release 4.3.001120219.01 Highlights:

• Support Android 4.3
  • Miracast certified for wireless display
  • Added video stabilization recording feature for rear camera
  • Improved image stabilization for rear camera
  • TruCapture app: improved photo capture accuracy and enhancement

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:

• Tap on the update message sent by the Toshiba Service Station application to your device, or:
  • From the Home screen, tap on the “Apps” icon in the upper right corner.   Locate the “Service Station” icon and application.  Tap “Check for Updates” and follow the steps. 
- Peter
Tyler_Durden

Re: Excite™ Pro Android system update 4.3.001120219.01

Great News!

Do you have any idea when this upgrade will become available in the UK?

Thanks

Peter

I don't unfortunately. Each region handles the updates separately. Sorry!

- Peter
photodan

I have had issues with this tablet rebooting when I unlock the sceen.  Does this update address that?

deepspace9

I'am own a Toshiba Excite Pro since 2 months. Please tell us witch country get's the update or write a timeline sorted by countries...

Greetings from germany

Peter

deepspace9, this is only the forum for Toshiba USA. We don't have any information for Toshiba in Europe or other regions outside our control.

photodan, I don't believe so. Does it always do it, or just sometimes? You may want to try the update it, and if it doesn't fix it, call customer support.

- Peter
Vimes

I understand that you are "only" the USA based forum and support for Toshiba. However you do seem to post here, of which there is little activity in the European based one from Toshiba, in concerns to the update for the noted tablet.

I live in the UK and would consider it reasonable for Toshiba to acknowledge that the rest of the world might just be curious enough about the pending update to at least post a message about it being available soon.

If indeed it is an intention of Toshiba to make it more widely available....?

Peter

Toshiba UK makes their own decisions about the updates. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they plan to do.

- Peter
vadergr

So it is not possible to manually install the 4.3 update on a non us device?

Peter

There's no way to manually install the USA update on a device from another region, correct.

- Peter