Pete9276

Battery not user replaceable

The Toshiba AT305 T64 does not have a user replaceable battery.  This means that over the course of time this device by design, it will loose it's prime feature: portability.  This is planned obsolescence.  

I would very much enjoy buying one of your products, but this feature is a primary requirement.  Thanks for your consideration.

dakota37

Re: Battery not user replaceable

I agree 100 %. Unfortunately some of us did not question this fact when purchasing this tablet. When it dies it will be replaced with a different manufacture model. No more Toshiba.

Peter

It's planned obsolescence. This is just a matter of trying to squeeze it into a small package.

- Peter
dakota37

Then the price should reflect for the planned obsolescence, not one of the most expensive. Never again will I be a Toshiba Tablet user. Here I come Ipad.

Occasional Contributor
arf1410

Be reasonable people.  Do ANY major manufacturer tablets have a user replacable battery?

dakota37

No but they reflect that in the pricing. $500.00 for a throw away. WOW.

Occasional Contributor
Rabid1

arf1410 wrote:

Be reasonable people.  Do ANY major manufacturer tablets have a user replacable battery?

In a thread like this "be reasonable" isn't a reasonable request. Much like the "planned obsolescence being a silly point since ANY consumer product is meant to eventually fail and need replacement or repair. In the contaxt of this thread it is just more Toshiba bashing.

It is not industry standard to have user replaceable batteries, at least plug and play batteries. So no others do not relfect that in the pricing if they have it they will usually cost more. A user replaceable battery is a service nightmare because yes, people can screw that up.

That said all you have to do with any tablet is open it up, identiofy the battery then replace it. It is not that difficult, some don;t even require any soldering. I won't be opening my Excite until the warranty period os over so I can;t say whther it requires soldering or not.

anomic

The battery can be replaced, although they say it's not "user replaceable" it's really not hard at all.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cracking-open/toshiba-excite-10-teardown-reveals-pure-tablet-hardwa...