cflynn1970

Apps stop working

I've had some problems with apps randomly stopping working.  My kindle app is one that often does.  I'll reboot the tablet and try again.  I get the message that the app has stopped working.  I've looked for updates to the app and I've even removed updates and the app and reloaded it.  What am I doing wrong?

escale

Re: Apps stop working

I am also experiencing the same problems with m excite, I am in the process of sending it to the repair depot and I hope they can resolve these issues.

Skipper

Same here. I called suuport & did the factory reset, didn't help. Did you get yours fixed?
Occasional Advisor
mcarver2000

It will depend on when the app reports that it has stopped working.....  Many apps will attempt to "call home" to sync or check for updates as soon as the tablet is booted up.  If the WiFi has not fully connected and/or too many of these apps are calling home at the same time, they will report that they have stopped working.  One can usually launch the app once everything calms down.

If the app continues to "stop working" on can try to clear the apps cache (via Settings -> Apps).  If it still acts up try clearing it's data in Settings.

One can also attempt to go into Recover and wipe the cache partition.