DangerBoy

7.7" Excite (AT270) won't charge

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The battery on my AT270 won't charge. I've tried both USB and AC chargers. The tablet works as long as it's plugged into the wall-charger, but the battery never charges up, so as soon as I unplug it it dies.

Any ideas?

db

Peter

Re: 7.7" Excite (AT270) won't charge

Try leaving it off and unplugged overnight before attempting to charge it again.

Also, try charging it while the tablet is fully turned off if you haven't.

If these things don't help, you may want to contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
tkennedy4

Hello...My Toshiba Excite Tablet won't charge. This is my second one. The first one quit charging and I returned it to the retailer. It was exchanged for a new tablet. The new tablet developed the same issue and would not charge. Even though connected, it gave a constant message to connect my charger then eventually dies and won't turn on. The retailer exchanged it for me and coincidentally the one they gave me was the unit that I returned a few weeks earlier. It had been repaired by Toshiba, and sent back to the retailer was what they told me. I will be exchanging today for a third unit with the hopes that it will charge as I love the tablet and spend a considerable amount of time on it.  We have tried turning it off at night, charging when the unit is off as is recommended in this forum. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Peter

You're charging it with the supplied AC adapter, right?

- Peter
prhiesinger

Did this ever get solved? I have an Excite 7.7. tablet, less than one year, and it stopped charging a few days ago. Original charger, nothing changed. Leaving it plugged in or turned off doesn't change. Need to return?

Peter

It could be a problem with the device or the AC adapter. Because it's less than one year old, I'd recommend calling customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter