Occasional Contributor
Miguel252
Accepted Solution

toshiba satellite L455d-s5976

hi i just wanted to kow how much more ram i can install on my laptop

i have 2 gb range but says (1.75)avaliable and i have a 2 gb ram for my laptop but im not sure how much

ram fits in my laptopwithout it being too much. pelase try to help thank you

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: toshiba satellite L455d-s5976

[ Edited ]

Here's your unit's full information

L455d-S5976

You can click on the tabs for 'Product Specifications' and 'User Guide' (pg. 52 Adding Memory) to get the information you are looking for.

The specs say your laptop has 2 memory slots, and the approved memory modules are:

PA3669U-1M2G Toshiba 2GB DDR2-800 Memory Module
PA3670U-1M4G Toshiba 4GB DDR2-800 Memory Module

But, assuming you still have the Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit version your model came with, your total limit is 4GB of memory.

Windows 7 Memory Limits

Mike

Occasional Contributor
Miguel252

thanks alot this really helped ^.^

Occasional Contributor
Miguel252

ok mike i actually got one more question i recently bought a Ram card for my toshiba laptop

and the computer tech from where i bought it tried it out, and the laptop accepted it so it had 4gb

i guess the Ram Stick i bought was the same as the one i  bought with the laptop, but the modules dont match

the same as the Ram stick i bought mine says

2GB 2RX8 PC2-6400S-666-12

M2XADKH3J44I0u1E5E

MG1-8C0062-0852

Super Advisor
miker643

Again, look at your 'Detailed Specifications' sheet, and the approved/recommended RAM modules for your unit:

PA3670U-1M4G Toshiba 4GB DDR2-800 Memory Module

The 800 that you see stands for 800Mhz, A measurement of how 'fast' your memory module is. If you want to learn a little more see here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/218441-28-confirming-learned

The RAM module you bought was:

2GB 2RX8 PC2-6400S-666-12

The 666 you see here stands for 666Mhz. So, while it is sometimes possible to put a lower 'speed' memory module in your system, it will 'slow' down how your system works.

As well, and more importantly, you should never 'mix' different types/speeds of RAM modules in a computer at the same time.

Your unit can accept a maximum of 8GB of RAM (2 X 4GB RAM modules). But, Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit version will only accept a maximum of 4GB of RAM.  So, the cheapest and best performance solution for you, is to put in 2 matched modules of RAM of (2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800Mhz SO-DIMM 200pin), like the:

Changing/adding RAM modules to your laptop is not rocket science.  Just carefully follow the instructions in your 'User Guide' starting on page 52.  Be sure to ground yourself but touching some metal, grounded item before touching the RAM modules or system board.

As well, if I was you, and this is of course only my opinion based on very little information from you, I'd be looking for a new computer tech.

Good luck.

Mike

pw2
pw2

I  need  some  help  if  possible  please.. I  have  Toshiba Satellite L455-S5976. I goto facebook a  gret  deal play  games  there.. It  started  where  was  very slow  loading pages , and  then  started failing to respond .. got  msg on  Action Center  couple  days  ago  about uninstalling  flash  player.. I  had  gotten  messages  before  that the flash  player  was not  responding   while on  Facebook games.. it  is  very slow , and  freezes.. just  started  past  couple  months  if  that  long.. the  message  about  uninstalling  flash  player  went  away  on Action  Center.. on  one  game  on Facebook  shows  shockwave has  crashed.. I  use  Google  Chrome.. please  help.. what  is  going  on.. also  there  was  a  windows update  recently  of service  pack  1, and  just  couple  days  23  updates.. not  sure  what  were.. some  critical  I think.. anyway  can  someone  in  Tech  or  Board  please help.. email me  please  if  you  have an answer  or  suggestion... thanks