jasonmar
Accepted Solution

"USB Device Not Recognized" on Toshiba Satellite A135-S2356

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S2356 and whenever I plug in a USB in it a bubble pops up on the bottom right corner of the screen that says, "USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message." And I clicked it but it was no help. I know the problems are not with the USB devices because I plugged them in on My desktop computer and they worked fine with no problems. I have already tried the following:

• updating the BIOS
  • I tried going to the Desktop Manager and Uninstalling and Reinstalling the USB drivers
  • I tried System Restore
  • I tried turning the computer off and turning it back on
  • I even tried reformatting the laptop

But none of these worked. So please, whoever has the solution to my problem, please reply back. Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: "USB Device Not Recognized" on Toshiba Satellite A135-S2356

Satellite A135-S2356 

I even tried reformatting the laptop

If you have restored the hard drive's contents to factory-new using Toshiba's recovery media, that's essentially proof that the USB hardware is malfunctioning.

-Jerry
Spoonie79

I am have the exact same problem with my USB Ports, and I have a Satellite A135 S2276.

I've tried all of those options also and still no results.

It's definitely not the hardware, because it works perfectly find on all other computers I try it on..

I too, am looking for help on this issue..

-Spoonie79

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A135-S2276

It's definitely not the hardware, because it works perfectly find on all other computers I try it on..

We don't mean the device itself. We mean the USB port in the computer.

-Jerry
Occasional Advisor
Techman

If you are getting USB not recognized, then the port seems to be working enough to see a device it in.  No one mentioned what device they tried.  Try a simple USB mouse, and if that doesn't work, check Device Manager for clues.  A full Factory recovery would tell if the software was messed up.

This signature left intentionally blank.