Dalibor

"Configfree task tray menu has stopped working" Satellite L750 windows7 64 bit

My laptop suddenly comes with the error message ""Configfree task tray menu has stopped working". Also my IE browsing and downloading slowed considerably. Event Name: "Appcrash", applic. name: "NDStray.exe, version 8.0.0.48, fault module: ntdl.dll. What should I do? Appreciate suggestions, Thank you

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: "Configfree task tray menu has stopped working" Satellite L750 windows7 64 bit

Which Satellite L750? There is a label on the bottom.

Please attach pictures of the error messages and tell what you're doing when they occur.

fault module: ntdl.dll

Spelling counts.

-Jerry
ben10

Re: "Configfree task tray menu has stopped working" Satellite c660 windows7

Hi

If someone can assist me with this issue - I would really appreciate it.

Everytime I turn the computer on the "ConfigFree task tray menu" has stopped working message appears..

What is the Configfree task tray? Do I need this or can I remove it to speed the computer. It seems the computer slowed down since this problem occured...

Thank you for your assistance.

Ben

Howmor

Re: "Configfree task tray menu has stopped working" Satellite L750 windows7 64 bit

Hi Jerry, I realise this is an old post but I have the same problem on my All-in-one DX1210 running Win 7 64bit.

I suspect a Windows update has caused it and will check on this and get back in a few days as there are plenty of users with the same problem, but no answers anywhere.

Howard.

This is the dump:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: NDSTray.exe

Application Version: 8.0.0.48

Application Timestamp: 4cf8869a

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002e066

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 5c29

Additional Information 2: 5c29996e579b0e4041a88e81213bad19

Additional Information 3: c27c

Additional Information 4: c27c864fd4ed190d3724e0b9ded50687

Howmor

Hi all out there. Found the problem (at least on my computer).

It was caused by a file called "sprotector.dll". This is a malicious trojan called "AVKILL" which can cause crashes and can slow your system down.

It was in two folders in "Program Files", one named "Browse to save" and the other named "WebSearch". Both had the offending dll and an uninstall program. I didn't run the uninstaller because it might have re-installed a copy in yet another folder somewhere. It can reside anywhere in your system, so get rid of it by:

doing a search for "sprotector.dll" (without the quotes) and remove all instances of it. I'd also suggest you remove any conainer folder(s) also.

For safety's sake, I ran "CCleaner" after re-booting to clean the files and the registry. You can get it from 'filehippo.com' for free.

Hope this helps.

princeEJ

i searched sprotector.dll but found nothing. i'm not sure if my version of windows and the model of my laptop has something to do with this but it didn't work. i downloaded ccleaner as well and removed temporary files etc. i have c640 laptop and windows7 32bit.. problem still persist after i run ccleaner and restarted my laptop. help guys!

princeEJ

i unstilled the configfree task.. hope this won't give any future problems..

Howmor

Uninstalling 'ConfigFree' just means that you can't use it. The AVKILL virus will still be on your computer and should be removed. I use Microsoft Security Essentials which should find and quarrantine the files. Go to 'microsoft.com/en-AU/download/details.aspx?id=5201' and download it from there making sure you download the 64bit version for your computer. You ca also search the internet for 'AVKILL'. There is a lot of information there. Somebody could have renamed the 'sprotector' file  so that it won't appear as such. If you find that you still have problems, drop another reply and we'll see what else we can do.