cdldriver

ntldr is missing

satalite a25 s3072

hard drive faled so replaced it dont have original disks since it is my brouthers computer. and he cant find them but have my own windows xp home edition try to reload and computer says ntldr is missing press cntr alt del to restart.

also need some drivers but my tecra  i dont think will work can some one help please.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: ntldr is missing

How big of a hard drive did you put in that system?  According to the specs the bios of that model does NOT have 48bit addressing support required for hard drives larger than 137gb in size which effectively limits you to a 120 GB drive or smaller.  You could get that error message if you have installed a drive larger than that.  Drives over 137GBs in size also require XP SP1 or later so if your XP Install Disk is an original pre SP1 disk that would also cause a problem. 

Also, is that a new drive or one you pulled out of another system?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

cdldriver

A25-S3072 satalite and it is 60 g hard drive new with sv pack 1

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

See if anything here helps at all.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/ntldrmissingxp.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

cdldriver

This is the model number. From bottom of computer. Toshiba A25-S3072 Satellite. It had Windows XP OS.

By the sticker on the bottom of the machine. I tried the link and still nothing. It has newest bioes.For that computer. Any other ideas?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

If none of the solutions on that link fixed the problem I have no idea what to try next.  I've never run across an XP system where one or more of those solutions didn't take care of the problem. 

cdldriver

Any ideas about drivers?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

Sorry. I forgot about the drivers.  From what I understand the a25-s307 is essentially the same system and uses the same drivers so go with them.  You might need to click on the Blue Text Link that states Show All Models to get that one to show up though.  Most will be under XP, but there are a few updated ones under XP Sp2/Sp3.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

[ Edited ]

The only thing I can think of to try is to completely wipe the hard drive, then do a fresh install of WIndows to see if that helps.   Sometimes you just get a bad install at times and the easiest way to fix it is by compleetely replacing it.