bendome
Accepted Solution

need to install network adapter drivers on Satellite A665D S6091

my harddrive was faulty, after trying a factory restore where it worked for a few days, the computer would not start up at all. i had a new harddrive installed at my university's tech support center, and windows 7 installed on it. my only problem now is needing to install the network adapter drivers so i can get online (currently on a friend's computer) and install everything else. halpmeh!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: need to install network adapter drivers on Satellite A665D S6091

Satellite A665D-S6091 

..install everything else.

Your best bet is to order recovery discs from Toshiba.

Order Toshiba Recovery Media

-Jerry
bendome

well, yes, that would be the easiest, but not the quickest or cheapest.

if i could simply get online on my computer i could easily install the other things i need; it would be much appreciated if someone could help me find the correct network adapter driver so i could do this :]

bendome

for further info, i put the Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver(v5.60.48.35_DrvOnly; 03-16-2010; 16.21M) and Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)(v8.0.0.258.0; 11-13-2009; 21.91M) from this page http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?modelFilter=&rpn=PSAX3U&categor... (my laptop model with windows 7 32bit selected) on my computer, and although they boh said they were self-extracting zip files. both started what looked like an installation, but stopped pretty much right after they extracted themselves. they did have setup.exe files extracted into my computer, so i tried those, and neither did anything- the atheros said it couldn't find the device, and the broadcom installation seemed to work and it prompted me to restart my computer, but when i did nothing had changed.

i'm looking at the device manager on that computer, and Network Controller has the dreaded yellow-triangle-exclamation-point icon next to it. it says there are no drivers installed for it, but i can provide any other information from this spot if it would be helpful. thanks again.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

All the Toshiba downloads for that model are here.

But don't expect to install a networking driver and then the rest using that. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

Best to install at least the AMD display driver before any other driver. Also, install the TVAP prior to other Toshiba utilities.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

Broadcom  ... Atheros 

Look under Network adapters in Device Manager to discover whether you have the Atheros, Broadcom, or Realtek device.

windows 7 32bit 

That model comes with 64-bit Windows. Consequently, there are more downloads (53) for it than for 32-bit (only 31).

-Jerry
bendome

Jerry_Lippey wrote:

Broadcom  ... Atheros 

Look under Network adapters in Device Manager to discover whether you have the Atheros, Broadcom, or Realtek device.

thanks for all your attention to this issue.

when i look under device manager, there is no "network adapter" category, there is a "network controller" tab, under the "other devices" tab. . . is this the same thing? when i click on it, the manufacturer is listed as "unknown". if there's another way to find this out i can do it- or has something gone horribly wrong??

thanks again

bendome

oh, tried the realtek, the only one i hadn't tried yet (since it didn't show up when i searched with 32 bit selected), got it off the 64bit search, and it works now. getting all my drivers and everything.

thanks very much, problem apparently solved :] 

Irish

Hi, I have the same exact problem with my toshiba Satalit, L655D-S5050 and I cannot find the the down load for the network adapter driver. I could use some help me with this if you know where to send me to get it. Thanks.

Irishmonn

aldabright

Several days ago, when I'm seaching the internet for the network adapter driver for my laptop, I found this site and powerful, it may help you to some extend.

http://www.wireless-driver.com/category/download/toshiba/