eivelice

i need video controller driver for bh505-n500bl for windows 7 64bit

hi, anyone knows any working link for video controller driver for bh505-n500bl running on windows 7 64bit os?

i have searched thru the support download and i cannot find a compatible one. please help me. thanks.

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: i need video controller driver for bh505-n500bl for windows 7 64bit

[ Edited ]

mini notebook NB505-N500BL

Perhaps you mean you have an NB505-N500BL

If you have in fact reformatted your netbook from Windows 7 Starter 32bit, to any Windows 7 64bit edition, this was, in my opinion, an error. With your system having an Atom processor, and only capable of using a maximum of 2GB RAM, there is no benefit to you using a 64bit OS. In fact, unless you buy all new 64bit software (like MS-Office) your old 32bit versions will run faster on Windows 7 32bit.

If you never made the Toshiba Recovery Media for your netbook before your change, I would strongly advise you to consider ordering a set of recovery media, recover your system to its factory default out-of-the-box settings, then do an in place upgrade to the 32bit version of whatever edition you purchased. To do this, try to just change your product code to the one that came with your new Windows Pro/Ultimate or whatever.  Most editions contain all the files/features of higher editions, they just need to be activated. But, with Win7 Starter, you may or may not have to put in your new Windows 7 edition media to complete the change.

Ordering Recovery Media

Update your Windows product key

Good luck.

Mike

eivelice

yes, sorry about the model :smileyvery-happy: honest mistake.

i think this means i have to go back to 32bit.......

i though i could find a 64bit driver, because i have made all drivers worked except for the video controller :smileysad:

Super Advisor
miker643

It is your decision. But, Toshiba has not provided a 64bit display driver, nor have they provided a full set of other 64bit hardware drivers. So, I think you probably have gotten some of your drivers from the chip makers, like Realtek. While these might work OK in your system, it is more likely you will have problems. Toshiba laptops are very finicky about using only their hardware drivers.

Again, I would advise you to return to a 32bit version of Windows 7.

Mike

eivelice

ok, i think i go back to 32 bit windows 7, ..

1 more last question, all ia have to do is put the 32bit windows 7 original cd and format may drive and install right?

Super Advisor
miker643

[ Edited ]

If you do not have the Toshiba Recovery Media to rebuild your system, and you are not willing to order it, then yes you can use the Windows 7 32bit disk and reformat the hard drive with that. This is really doing what is called a 'clean' or custom install. If that is what you intend to do, follow these directions and try to use this utility:

How to Custom Install Windows 7 and add Toshiba-provided drivers & utilities with the Toshiba Softwa...

Toshiba Software Installer for Windows 7

Good luck.

Mike

eivelice

thank you very much sir mike :smileyvery-happy: