mswoodard90

brother mfc-j435w printer help

I have a brother mfc-j435w multi- function printer. I setup printer and installed driver software and when it got almost to the end of installation an error message popped up that read ISO52 install network driver-1, the installation finished but it only installed the printer driver and not the scanner driver. I disabled my firewall and anti-virus software and disabled automatic  driver updating. and it still didnt work. I called brother tech support and they said it maybe an issue with my registry. I talked to a friend that said I may need to update my chipset driver. I am using a toshiba satellite c655 laptop with 64 bit windows 7 and am setting the printer up to work wirelessly. Does anybody have any ideas? 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: brother mfc-j435w printer help

During the installation of the MFL software I receive an IS052 error. What can I do? (Solution 200000008078)

Tell us about your anti-virus program.

And always tell us which Satellite C655 you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom

-Jerry
mswoodard90

@Jerry_Lippey 

I am using MIcrosoft Security Essentials and  have a satelite C655D-S5515.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C655D-S5515

Downloads are here.

Have you ever had another anti-virus tool installed?

Have you tired uninstalling MSE?

-Jerry
mswoodard90

[ Edited ]

Jerry. I uninstalled MSE and it still did the same thing. Norton was installed on here but I removed it some time ago.  Thanks for your help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Norton was installed on here but I removed it some time ago.

Norton does not go quietly. It needs to be pulled out by the roots. Did you do that?

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product

-Jerry
BobVirgo

I had the same problem with a Brother printer.

I rang up Brother Support and they said that it was a problem with my Firewall.

So i disabled my Nortons Firewall and Windows Firewall, but the printer installation still failed at the same place.

In the end I uninstalled the whole of my Nortons Internet Security, then loaded my printer install and at last success.

Hope this helps someone.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

As I said, Norton does not go easily.

-Jerry