Occasional Contributor
Kealydoll

Wireless Network Adapter

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a toshiba satellite m505-s4940. I am having problems with my wi fi and the network adapter. I tried to get an update for this and the message said there were no new updates for this driver. Can this be fixed and how do I fix it? The only way I can access the internet is through an ethernet cable. I am not very computer savy so if you can explain this to me in simple terms it would be so apprieciated. Thank you, and I am so glad that toshiba has this forum.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Wireless Network Adapter

Satellite M505-S4940 

I am having problems with my wi fi and the network adapter.

Like what sort of problems?

Sometimes drivers get corrupt just sitting there and need to be replaced with the same version. Try that.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows Vista (32/64bit)

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Kealydoll

I am sorry I was not more specific. When I try to connect to the internet via wi fi, my lap top does not reconginize my modem signal. I would get a on and off signal for the internet connection. When I spoke to my internet provider they had told me it was my wireless adapter. ( I could not connect to the internet unless I had the ethernet cable plugged in) So to trouble shoot more I took my lap top to work and asked my boss to see if he could get a wi fi signal, and it popped right up with no problem. Upon  returning home I went to log in again access the internet, and alas the same problem. I am thinking I have a bad modem here. Thank you very much for your reply. So am I correct in thinking the modem/router is bad, or should I try to update the driver again?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I took my lap top to work..

it popped right up with no problem.

If you never have connected properly at home, it does sound like the problem is there.

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Kealydoll

:smileyhappy: Thank you so much for your response Jerry. I am going to try and replace that modem, I had just purchased it in Feb so the warrenty is still good. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Once again thank you so much.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Good luck, Kealy!

-Jerry
Occasional Contributor
Kealydoll

Hi Jerry, Just thought I would let you know that yes indeed I had a bad modem/router. I am up and running with the wi fi...Toshiba is the BEST..thanks so much for the help. =)

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

And thank you for letting us know the outcome. More often than not we never find out.

-Jerry