truettct

Windows XP Pro WIFI Driver

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983 laptop.

It came with Windows 7, but due to working purposes I downgraded to Windows XP Professional SP3.

Everything went smooth, and I downloaded the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility, but it says "Driver is not installed"

I have went on Toshiba's website looking for the correct driver and tried a few different ones, but either I can't find the right one or they aren't working.

I read on another forum on here that someone had the same problem, but the problem was solved once they updated the BIOS.

If someone could give me links to the correct driver I need to download and/or how to update the BIOS and the link for the correct BIOS to download.

Thanks

I need the wifi working asap, so any help is really appreciated.

-TT

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Windows XP Pro WIFI Driver

A bios update isn't going to fix that problem.  As for the driver, Toshiba doesn't supply XP drivers for models that ship with WIndows 7 so you would need to go to the WiFi chipset manufacturer's support site to see if they have an XP driver for it. It looks like that model has a Realtek WiFi chip so you should be able to get one from Realtek as they are very good about supporting their chipsets with drivers.

You can also try Unknown Device Identifier 7.00 to see if it can lead you to the proper driver.  http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.