jeffc
Accepted Solution

Windows Vista/7 64 bit Audio Driver for Satellite P105 and others with Conexant Waikiki HD Audio!

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the long headline, but I am really hoping that this gets indexed by Google so other people can find this driver.  I spent hours searing online and installing countless drivers before finding a 64 bit version for the Conexant Waikiki HD Audio.

I just upgraded my Satellite P105-S9722 to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and every single device had a driver automatically installed EXCEPT for the audio!  I don't understand why Toshiba doesn't list a driver as being available.

Anyway, just download the driver from here.

In case the address changes the package you are looking for is SP35683.  You DO NOT need to install the Microsoft UAA drivers.  You can disregard this warning.  After installing the driver package the install will report a FAILURE.  This is OK.  You must update the driver manually through the Device Manager using the Have Disk option.  The default extraction directory is C:\swsetup\SP35683

Windows will install the driver and you should have sound instantly.  The digital audio out should also work with this driver as it did by default on my P105-S9722.

Let me know if you have any questions about the installation procedure.  I'm sorry but I don't know which other laptops have the Conexant Waikiki HD Audio drivers that work with this HP driver.  Hopefully someone from Toshiba can take a look at this and update the driver pages for the applicable models so no one else has to go through all this trouble!

Thanks,

Jeff

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Windows Vista/7 64 bit Audio Driver for Satellite P105 and others with Conexant Waikiki HD Audio

What is the second digit of your serial number? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jeffc

Re: Windows Vista/7 64 bit Audio Driver for Satellite P105 and others with Conexant Waikiki HD Audio

6, which I think makes me old school pre-2007.  Lucky I guess that with this audio driver every single device is fully supported with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  Let me know if I can give you any other info that might help!

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

A six means it was manufactured in 2006.  For whatever reason Toshiba has set the cutoff date for supplying drivers and supported Windows 7 as January 1, 2007.  That's why your system doesn't have it listed and more than likely why Toshiba will NEVER post one for it. 

I've bookmarked your post so I can pass it along to future posters looking for it. 

Now I just need to find some of the other threads where people were looking for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

And if I didn't say so earlier, thanks a bunch for finding and posting this.  It was much appreciated by all of us, even those who don't have that audio chipset.

jakef

[ Edited ]

This driver was partially helpful for my P105-S6114. The audio only works from headphones. The onboard harmon speakers (e.g. conexant HD device) still does not work, however, I noticed something strange. When I pull the headphones audio jack out of the laptop the onboard speackers work for a second and then stop. What's going on there?  I had audio working for the Beta version of Windows 7, however, do not remember where I got the driver from. It was not working after the beta installed either.

I do not understand why Toshiba is not supporting this laptop for WIndows 7?  It's definitely running leaner now that I've updated from Vista and audio was working fine then. Do you think there is any possibility that Toshiba will release a working audio driver for this model on Windows 7 64 bit

If not, this will definitely force me to look at other laptop models like Dell, Acer, and HP.

shanu0910

Hi Jeff,

I just upgraded my Toshiba P105-S6134 to windows 7 64 bit. Everything is working fine except for audio. It says code(10) and says that no media found. I was looking for some help on the post and found yours. I did install the driver you gave and also upgraded it with "Browse my computer" option from device manager but it says that the latest driver is already install.

And ofcouse, its still not working. I have been trying to get some help from many days but no luck so far. If you have any helpful hints or if you know a new driver please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Shanu

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Try Unknown Device Identifier 7.00 to see if it can lead you to the proper driver.  http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

toothandnail

jakef wrote:

This driver was partially helpful for my P105-S6114. The audio only works from headphones. The onboard harmon speakers (e.g. conexant HD device) still does not work, however, I noticed something strange. When I pull the headphones audio jack out of the laptop the onboard speackers work for a second and then stop. What's going on there?  I had audio working for the Beta version of Windows 7, however, do not remember where I got the driver from. It was not working after the beta installed either.

I do not understand why Toshiba is not supporting this laptop for WIndows 7?  It's definitely running leaner now that I've updated from Vista and audio was working fine then. Do you think there is any possibility that Toshiba will release a working audio driver for this model on Windows 7 64 bit

If not, this will definitely force me to look at other laptop models like Dell, Acer, and HP.

Thankyou OP for directing those of us with Conexant Waikiki audio chip to a working 64bit driver.  Jake, I also experienced the same with my Toshiba P105-S6124.  I compared the INF from HP's 64bit driver install package to Toshiba's 32bit Vista driver install package for my laptop model and found some differences.  There are 5 lines that can be changed so that audio may play through correct output.  Open up the file wi630B2a.inf and do a search for "defaultjack".  Replace the lines for defaultjack with ones below and then reinstall.  If you would rather not reinstall you may edit the registry entries @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\OEM\DefaultJack and then restart.

Now I get audio to playback through speakers in stereo and it switches over to headphones and back properly.  Windows 7 did report that problems were occurring with enhancements so I had to turn them off, other than that I havent noticed any problems.. knock on wood.  Good luck.

HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid13,1,01,02,01,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid14,1,08,01,01,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid15,1,00,00,00,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid17,1,0a,01,00,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid1D,1,01,02,00,00

jeffc

toothandnail wrote:

Thankyou OP for directing those of us with Conexant Waikiki audio chip to a working 64bit driver.  Jake, I also experienced the same with my Toshiba P105-S6124.  I compared the INF from HP's 64bit driver install package to Toshiba's 32bit Vista driver install package for my laptop model and found some differences.  There are 5 lines that can be changed so that audio may play through correct output.  Open up the file wi630B2a.inf and do a search for "defaultjack".  Replace the lines for defaultjack with ones below and then reinstall.  If you would rather not reinstall you may edit the registry entries @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\OEM\DefaultJack and then restart.

Now I get audio to playback through speakers in stereo and it switches over to headphones and back properly.  Windows 7 did report that problems were occurring with enhancements so I had to turn them off, other than that I havent noticed any problems.. knock on wood.  Good luck.

HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid13,1,01,02,01,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid14,1,08,01,01,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid15,1,00,00,00,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid17,1,0a,01,00,00
HKR,Settings\OEM\DefaultJack,Wid1D,1,01,02,00,00

Wow. I thought I was never going to hear music out of those speakers again!

Just to confirm: After making the above changes to the registry, with the drivers that I had originally posted already installed, I now have working digital optical output, analogue stereo headphone output and analogue on-board speaker output.

I attached the registry file for anyone who would rather just double click the file instead of editing the keys manually. Just download the file, change the extension to .reg and double click. Thanks so much for the fix!