pjmax190

Windows 7 Wifi Drivers for Satellite C855-S5132NR

So a friend gave me there brand new Toshiba Satellite C855-S5132NR and i downgraded it from Win8 to a fresh copy of Windows 7 64bit.  The install wasn't very smooth but i did eventually get it.  Now however i cannot find a driver for the wifi card!  I've tried every single wifi driver listed on this page: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=356738...

Why can't i find a working driver for wifi?  How do i find out which wifi chip i even have?  Please help! without wifi thie computer is useless to my friend! help!!

-Peter

(not a novice!)

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Windows 7 Wifi Drivers for Satellite C855-S5132NR

Satellite C855-S5132NR (PSCBLU-03D00P)

There are 73 64-bit Windows 7 drivers here.

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Network adapters. Do you have the Atheros, Intel, or Realtek wireless?

Did you install the chipset and display drivers prior to all the others?

-Jerry
pjmax190

HI Jerry,

When i look at the Device manager it doesn't say the listed brand? (intel/realtek etc).  It just says "Network controller" with a "!".  Would it be possible for you to point me to the exact file i need to download?  I've seen the link you sent me, and i've tried what feels like all the wireless drivers.  This is driving me nuts!  Thanks for your help Jerry.

-Peter

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

If you don't see a wireless adapter, then probably it is malfunctioning.

-Jerry
pjmax190

hey Jerry, I actually just found it.  it was a much older driver for a realtek card.  I have one more device im confused by, it's called the PCI Simple comminications controller.  any idea of what thats called in the drivers list?

thanks again very much!

-Peter

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I actually just found it.  it was a much older driver for a realtek card.

A secret, Peter? Please share your find with us. It may help somebody else.

I have one more device im confused by, it's called the PCI Simple comminications controller.

Anything that doesn't work?

-Jerry
pjmax190

The file tc50113900c worked for the wifi.  The amount of drivers listed on the site is crazy, and the naming convention is cryptic.  Thanks for your help Jerry!

-Peter

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thanks. It's this one.

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver

Try the Intel Management Engine for that other one.

-Jerry