Trurascal

Windows 7 Display Drivers

I have a  model name: satellite m60-105   model number: psm60e-00y02ean

and im going to do a clean install of Windows 7 on there but when win7 loads up the screen resolution is very 'fat' not like the usual screen size which is :1.440 x 900 pixels (43.2 cm/17") I tried to install the driver which Toshiba supplies but I get the message similar to this "this is designed for windows 98/2000/XP" I ran in XP compatibility but it still doesn't work. Can any one help?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: Windows 7 Display Drivers

You can't install a driver meant for a different version of Windows and expect it to work.  Vista and Windows 7 uses an entirely different driver model than XP or 9x did so none of those drivers will work.  Toshiba does NOT support that model under Vista or Windows 7 and has no Vista or Win 7 drivers for it.  You'll either have to live with the generic ATI driver that ships with Windows 7 or try to find an ATI driver for the Mobility Radeon X600 SE / X700 chipset from a third party source or search through various Toshiba models to find one that uses that graphics chiset and has Windows 7 drivers. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.