Occasional Contributor
Quebranta

WinXp drivers for a Satellite A215-S4747

I have instaled WinXp in a Satellite A215-S4747  and I was be able to configure most of the drivers . But I can not configure the function keys to change volume, brigthness, wifi and so. Please I will appreciate if you know a link where i can donwnload the driver.

Thanks

Edgar

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: WinXp drivers for a Satellite A215-S4747

Satellite A215-S4747 (PSAEGU-00W00U)

Try the drivers here, Edgar.

They are for this European model.

Satellite Pro A210-xxx (PSAFHE-xxxxxx).

The order matters. So you may need to begin again with a fresh install of XP. Then install the AMD processor driver followed by the ATI display driver prior to any other driver. Install the Common Modules before any other Toshiba utility.

Please let us know if the drivers and utilities for that model (which is in a different product-number family) work for yoursl.

-Jerry
Esteef

Jerry,

I don't see a reply from Edgar... and it was a while ago... but I can give you feedback on the success of those drivers.  I also have the A215-s4747, with XP.  Following the order you suggested, the AMD processor driver seems to work fine, but next, the ATI display driver aborted installation, saying that it didn't match the hardware.  Seems to be the wrong display driver.  The laptop uses the ATI Radeon x1200.  Do you know if I can use a generic driver for the x1200 hardware instead of the Toshiba package?  Or have you found a better driver than the one for the A210 in the meantime?  I did cheat and install the LAN driver out of order, and that one seems to work fine too.  I'd like to get the display driver going before proceeding any further.  Thanks for any leads.

Esteef

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Thanks for the feedback.

For your ATI Radeon X1200, try this one.

ATI Display Driver for Windows XP, 8.401-07815m-052613C, 23/01/08

-Jerry
Esteef

Jerry,

Thanks for putting effort into this.  I tried it and it installs without claiming any problems during the install.  It doesn't seem to have any effect on the performance though.  Device Manager still doesn't list the graphics device correctly and the display resolutions settings don't show any new choices (like 1280x800), just the default 1024x768, which is the wrong aspect ratio, of course.  I tried ATI's self diagnostic program but it malfunctions.

Out of curiousity, I tried loading the Common Modules you suggested originally from the a210, and that installation also aborted due to sensing incorrect hardware.  Any good next tries for that one too?  I do really appreciate the help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Sorry, but I don't have other suggestions.

-Jerry